Canary Islands in December

babs135

We've just booked this cruise and would like to hear from others who have done it.  Whilst no one can predict the weather I'd like to know if it was warm enough at any point of the trip to be able to sit out on deck.  

Thank you

Although I have not booked for this December, we have done a number of cruises with Cunard to the Canaries in past years in December, and generally once you are heading south and passing Spain the weather is warm and pleasant, and often in the low 20s C.  So we have certainly found being on deck in December towards the Canaries is enjoyable.  Also walking around the promenade deck after breakfast is nice too, and you may need a sweatshirt if very early but certainly not the full winter gear that we saw people gritting their teeth and persevering with their daily morning constitutional walk on the wintery Norway cruise in March!

• Thanks 1

We did the Canaries and Maderia last December on QM2 via Lisbon & Cadiz The Canaries themselves were warm enough for Tshirt & shorts, Maderia was mid 20's. 🙂  When sailing you were OK sitting/sunbathing if you were out of the wind. 

• Thanks 1

Not quite December, but we were on a crossing on another line that stopped in the Canaries in late November and it was pleasant.  Warm, shirt sleeve weather.  So walks on deck would be great.  And out of the wind, sitting on deck is fine.

• Thanks 1

We did the trip in December 2018. I thought it would just be a chance to have an escape from a UK winter, but it ended up being so much more interesting than I first expected.  The weather was warm and sunny in most of the ports.  I've put a few pictures of the trip online if you wanted to have an idea of what to expect.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/armaghus/albums/72157703726795511

Edited by portadown
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, portadown said:

We did the trip in December 2018. I thought it would just be a chance to have an escape from a UK winter, but it ended up being so much more interesting than I first expected.  The weather was warm and sunny in most of the ports.  I've put a few pictures of the trip online if you wanted to have an idea of what to expect.

Your photos are spectacular! Thanks so much for sharing.

5 hours ago, portadown said:

Fab photos.  Really looking forward to the cruise.  Thanks for sharing