More platinum questions.

Gypsywych

My husband and I turn platinum this next cruise.  Because we aren't platinum technically until two days into the cruise, will we be able to choose check in times two days before everyone else?  
Will our luggage have Priority tags?  Will we be able to drop our carry-ons off in our room? 

I know these questions have been asked and answered, and I promise I did search back a couple of months, so sorry! sorry! sorry! 

2 hours ago, Gypsywych said:

My husband and I turn platinum this next cruise.  Because we aren't platinum technically until two days into the cruise, will we be able to choose check in times two days before everyone else?  
Will our luggage have Priority tags?  Will we be able to drop our carry-ons off in our room? 

I know these questions have been asked and answered, and I promise I did search back a couple of months, so sorry! sorry! sorry! 

Yes, yes, yes

• Like 4

We didn’t get any platinum benefits on our turning platinum cruise

We asked. The answer was nxt cruise

I think we turned platinum after 5 days on this April 2022, 15-day cruise

1 hour ago, ginabab said:

Sadly, I think you got shafted.  Myself and most others have received the benefits a few days prior to turning Plat :(......  Bummer!!

You should receive all the Platinum benefits before you cruise. You should receive a Platinum colored card in your mailbox as well on the first day. Don't forget to go to customer service and ask for the list of where you can pick up your Platinum gifts. They no longer bring them to your room. Pixels for 1 gift (1 each if your both Platinum) and any bar for another. Get the list !!!

• Like 1

Make sure you let the people sitting next to you that you are platinum. Our last two cruises we stopped going to the MDR as each time we were seated next to couples that were platinums on multiple lines and made sure we knew it every 15 minutes.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, phoneman69 said:

You should receive all the Platinum benefits before you cruise. You should receive a Platinum colored card in your mailbox as well on the first day. Don't forget to go to customer service and ask for the list of where you can pick up your Platinum gifts. They no longer bring them to your room. Pixels for 1 gift (1 each if your both Platinum) and any bar for another. Get the list !!!

Or just read it online so you won't have to stand in line. 

https://www.carnival.com/vifp/overview.aspx?icid=ccl_vifp_footer_0414

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Retiredmedic said:

Make sure you let the people sitting next to you that you are platinum. Our last two cruises we stopped going to the MDR as each time we were seated next to couples that were platinums on multiple lines and made sure we knew it every 15 minutes.

Well.... maybe only for our first Platinum cruise. After that, I'm sure it will be old hat.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisemom2 said:

Or just read it online so you won't have to stand in line. 

https://www.carnival.com/vifp/overview.aspx?icid=ccl_vifp_footer_0414

I don't see were in the link it tells you where on the ship you have to go to get the gifts. Maybe i missed some thing. Maybe some one can post were you go to pickup each gift. I know you have to call room service to have the chocolate covered strawberry delivered. 

5 minutes ago, phoneman69 said:

I don't see were in the link it tells you where on the ship you have to go to get the gifts. Maybe i missed some thing. Maybe some one can post were you go to pickup each gift. I know you have to call room service to have the chocolate covered strawberry delivered. 

You need to click the link and then the tab that says what you get.

Just now, stjohnbeachlover said:

You need to click the link and then the tab that says what you get.

Yes i see what you get true. But when your on the ship you have to go to different locations to pick up the gifts. They used to deliver them to your state room NO LONGER. For the Platinum gift you have to go to pixels to get it. For the Water you can go to any bar and they will give it to you for free. Like i said you have to call room service for the chocolate strawberry's the others i cant remember. Or you can say the heck with it all and just ENJOY

13 hours ago, ginabab said:

Wow!  I turned Platinum on the 5th Day (Wednesday) of my 7 day (Saturday-Saturday) March 2022 Panorama cruise. My luggage tags stated I was Platinium as well. Free Laundry too —2 bags.  And the pin, strawberries, whatever else.

I don’t get why they denied you the upgraded status??  I’m sorry some uninformed person refused your legit claim.
🛳🛳

Bobbi

Edited by Markmom18

This is a perk that Carnival provides...and oddly, Royal Caribbean does not. 

On Royal, you do not achieve a loyalty upgrade until after your qualifying cruise has been completed.  A bit of a bummer.  

9 hours ago, phoneman69 said:

9 hours ago, phoneman69 said:

Yes i see what you get true. But when your on the ship you have to go to different locations to pick up the gifts. They used to deliver them to your state room NO LONGER. For the Platinum gift you have to go to pixels to get it. For the Water you can go to any bar and they will give it to you for free. Like i said you have to call room service for the chocolate strawberry's the others i cant remember. Or you can say the heck with it all and just ENJOY

Click the link then scroll down to the chart that shows the perks.  Look at the column for Platinum - anything that shows a green checkmark, you get the perk shown in the first column.  It also clearly says how/where to get that perk. Everything you need to know is there. For instance, here are a few copied from the chart:

Complimentary 1.5 liter bottle of water
Redeemable at any bar, restaurant or stateroom

“Chocolate Delight” on 5+ day cruises
Please call room service to schedule delivery

Unique, collectible pin received on each sailing
Redeemable at the Photo Gallery no later than two days before the end of the cruise

56 minutes ago, cruisemom2 said:

Click the link then scroll down to the chart that shows the perks.  Look at the column for Platinum - anything that shows a green checkmark, you get the perk shown in the first column.  It also clearly says how/where to get that perk. Everything you need to know is there. For instance, here are a few copied from the chart:

Complimentary 1.5 liter bottle of water
Redeemable at any bar, restaurant or stateroom

“Chocolate Delight” on 5+ day cruises
Please call room service to schedule delivery

Unique, collectible pin received on each sailing
Redeemable at the Photo Gallery no later than two days before the end of the cruise

Got it Thanks

• Like 1