Voyager's 5+15%?? Coming back?

Morgsmom

On 4/19/2022 at 7:11 AM, Morgsmom said:

Do any of our TA friends out there (or anyone with an MSC "in") have a sense if the 5+10 or 5+15% Voyagers sailings will be coming back?  

I really hope MSC brings the program back to the website.

A Scandinavian cruise of some sort is under consideration for '24 and it would be nice to get a deal.

5 hours ago, sm9690 said:

When I was on seaside the cruise consultant said they're planning a big pricing change on the 28th

My cruise consultant on Seashore said similar saying try back at the end of this month to get the voyagers club discount applied.  

20 hours ago, sm9690 said:

When I was on seaside the cruise consultant said they're planning a big pricing change on the 28th

Can you elaborate on this?  Prices going up? Down?  More category changes?  Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, QueenofEverything said:

We have it on our August Mereviglia cruise.  It wasn't on there when we booked, but was added later.  I called and they added it to our booking.

But how did you get this applied if technically it's no longer listed as an option?

3 hours ago, Morgsmom said:

Can you elaborate on this?  Prices going up? Down?  More category changes?  Thanks in advance.

Lol, that is what I wanted to know. Esp since they just did the big revamp a few mo ago.

But change is always good at MSC...no company is better at it. They'll change your cabin, sailing dates, ship, etc they are VERY good at it...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Morgsmom said:

But how did you get this applied if technically it's no longer listed as an option?

2 hours ago, CampNCruise74 said:

What was date that you called if you don't mind please?

I didn't realize they were no longer available.  When I booked on 2/4/2022, they had some 15% + 5% cruises listed under "cruise deals".  My particular cruise was not among them.  I noticed on 2/17 that it was listed as included.  I called and they said they would add it, which they did.  I don't see the obc anywhere on the reservation, but I am not sure where to look so I'll worry about that later.  They did give me the additional 15% off.

On 4/22/2022 at 2:57 PM, Morgsmom said:

I said to her that there's not many deals at the moment and she said she'd recommend waiting until the 28th as there are going to be pricing changes. I doubt she'd have said that if she knew they were going up as it would have been in her interests to get me booked there and then.

On 4/26/2022 at 8:16 PM, biztrvlr01 said:

I received notice that starting May 3 the promo will be Up to $200 OBC + free balcony upgrade + kids sale free.  Not sure if some thing better is coming at the end of April.

Will the drinks & wifi still be included?

15 hours ago, sm9690 said:

New section of the website with voyagers selection now - https://www.msccruises.co.uk/cruise-deals/voyagers-exclusives

Further to this, i've just noticed new t&c's. Looks like it's changed for the worst.

The offer can be applied on any cruise departure (World Cruises Excluded*) and is combined with the 5% MSC Voyagers Club discount:

• The additional discount may vary depending on the departures. Voyagers Exclusives is not available for Welcome Members.
  • If you book more than 12 months before departure we offer you an extra 5% discount + 50€/$ Ship Board Credit (Silver, Gold, Diamond) + double points.
  • If you book more than 9 months before departure we offer you an extra 5% discount + 50€/$ Ship Board Credit (Silver, Gold, Diamond)
  • If you book between 6 and 9 months before departure we offer you an extra 5% discount only.
  • If you book less than 6 months before departures, you can just have standard 5% Voyagers Club discount.
  • Shipboard credit is issued per person and not per cabin. Shipboard credit is applied to the final bill at the end of the cruise.
  • Shipboard credit does not apply to MSC Voyagers Club members under 18 years old.
  • The discount can be extended to all occupants of the cabin, it can be applied on any departures (excluded World Cruise) and prices (i.e. EB, Best Price Today, Brochure and Promo Rates).
  • The promotion is not combined with any other discount. Subject to availability.
  • The discount cannot be combined with any group and network rates, unless otherwise specified in the details of the promotion itself. Voyagers Exclusives can be booked online by providing your Club Identification Number.
  • The possibility of booking Voyagers Exclusives may be limited to a certain time frame.
  • Expiry of promotions will be communicated online.
  • Voyagers Exclusives terms and conditions may vary according to the market.
  • Dedicated member on board discounts can be applied at the time of purchase or at the end of the cruise when the member’s account bill is closed. Customers must always check if discounts are applicable to other promotions currently in progress on board.
  • MSC Cruises is not responsible for any errors and/or omissions regarding MSC Voyagers Club discounts on board.
  • Thanks 1

On 4/29/2022 at 6:20 AM, Morgsmom said:

This is correct; it has changed for the worse.

Also, if you are Diamond they removed many of the goodies.

Well, the good news about that is I no longer feel as motivated to cruise every 3 years to keep insubstantial perks. 

• Like 3

On 4/29/2022 at 10:20 AM, sm9690 said:

MSC Cruises is not responsible for any errors and/or omissions regarding MSC Voyagers Club discounts on board.

So who is then ? Talk about sloping shoulders.

• Haha 1

To note, the MSC phone reps have been seemingly hood-winked by their supervisors into thinking that the new offers are BETTER than they were before.  Someone at corporate did a great snow job on them 🙂  The very charming, but clueless, woman with whom I spoke earlier had no idea about the OBC going away, or the change in Diamond benefits.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Morgsmom said:

To note, the MSC phone reps have been seemingly hood-winked by their supervisors into thinking that the new offers are BETTER than they were before.  Someone at corporate did a great snow job on them 🙂  The very charming, but clueless, woman with whom I spoke earlier had no idea about the OBC going away, or the change in Diamond benefits.  

MM ... No surprises there then, a case of Mushroom syndrome once again.

3 hours ago, ChC said:

I wouldn't say if there new offer is better or worse.

But 5% off guaranteed almost on every cruise is good.

Yes, I only one time got more than 5%, because we usually book very late. And the 5+15 was also not available on the specific cruise except that mentioned one time. 

Anyway, no matter how they call it, we just check the price, if we like it, we book, if we dont like it, we dont book. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ChC said:

But 5% off guaranteed almost on every cruise is good

Silver level upwards gets 5% off if you are a V.C member so there has been no change and no gain unless you are prepared to hand over money at least Six months prior to sailing.