Hal Gift Card Promotion

scubadawg

Going to purchase to my husband from me  $2000, 2 each.   Says max is reached and will only let me purchase one for $2,000.   Can I purchase one under my husband to me for $2,000 and be able to use  BOTH toward the purchase of our cruise, plus the bonus cards, or can you only use one of them toward the purchase of the cruise?

Just now, 54Carol said:

Going to purchase to my husband from me  $2000, 2 each.   Says max is reached and will only let me purchase one for $2,000.   Can I purchase one under my husband to me for $2,000 and be able to use  BOTH toward the purchase of our cruise, plus the bonus cards, or can you only use one of them toward the purchase of the cruise?

It's confusing.  I got the notice that max had been reached too after one purchase for $2,000.  But I just tried doing another one for $2,000 after that one had gone through, and it worked.  You have to do each $2,000 purchase at a time (up to max of $10,000 per day).  I did 5 one day and another 1 the next day.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 54Carol said:

I just used 13 of them towards the final payment of a cruise.  Feel sorry for my TA entering all the numbers. 

I wanted to use up all of the bonus ones first as those are the only ones that have an expiration date.  The date is over a year from now, but good to have them used up. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 54Carol said:

Yes, you can use bonus cards and purchased cards towards final payment.

Just now, Red Haired Lady said:

I just used 13 of them towards the final payment of a cruise.  Feel sorry for my TA entering all the numbers. 

I wanted to use up all of the bonus ones first as those are the only ones that have an expiration date.  The date is over a year from now, but good to have them used up. 

I did the same, used all bonus cards first 😉

• Like 1

Does it take awhile before you can use the gift cards?  I just tried to use one and it said "This gift card does not have any remaining funds and could not be applied."  

Never mind.   It took it now.

Edited by 54Carol
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't read all the posts of this thread... my question is, does HAL usually repeat the offer for FATHER'S DAY? Due to operational reasons we didn't feel like purchasing the M's day cards, but will be ready to do so by mid June with the Final Payment Date looming.

1 hour ago, crystalspin said:

I didn't read all the posts of this thread... my question is, does HAL usually repeat the offer for FATHER'S DAY? Due to operational reasons we didn't feel like purchasing the M's day cards, but will be ready to do so by mid June with the Final Payment Date looming.

I don't recall the gift card promotion being linked specifically to Mother's Day in the past...it was just a spring promotion.

If you have access to AARP, they have an ongoing discount on HAL gift cards that equals the now-ended HAL promotion.  The difference is HAL gave bonus gift cards.  AARP discounts your gift card price the same amount as the HAL bonus card.  As a result, you get the same value as the HAL promotion, just with the savings right at purchase time instead of having to deal with the bonus cards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/21/2022 at 10:56 PM, AFNavigator said:

If you have access to AARP, they have an ongoing discount on HAL gift cards that equals the now-ended HAL promotion.  The difference is HAL gave bonus gift cards.  AARP discounts your gift card price the same amount as the HAL bonus card.  

AF:

Thanks for this heads up! I think I am still a member at AARP, or that can be rectified! 

3 hours ago, crystalspin said:

AF:

Thanks for this heads up! I think I am still a member at AARP, or that can be rectified! 

To find the promo, you’ll need to enroll in the AARP Rewards program on their website, No extra cost for members but an extra step to enroll. Then scroll down and search the rewards offers. You’ll find a gift card offer (“while supplies last”) for several different cruise lines including HAL. 

• Thanks 1

There is one big difference - you are limited to five gift card purchases per month on AARP.  So if you want more than five $500 cards, make sure to buy some in May and then you can get 5 more in June.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Caribbean Chris said:

To find the promo, you’ll need to enroll in the AARP Rewards program on their website, No extra cost for members but an extra step to enroll. Then scroll down and search the rewards offers. You’ll find a gift card offer (“while supplies last”) for several different cruise lines including HAL. 

Thanks for the detailed explanation! They don't make it easy to find. Have it now and with @kristapbsuggestion, I stand to save $500 over the two months!

• Like 1