Southbound (Whittier to Vancouver) May Alaska Sailings

wblotner66

IF anyone is on a May sailing can you please tell me when the formal nights are. My sailing is July on Majestic and nobody at princess will tell me and I need to make dining reservations

Edited by wblotner66

• wblotner66 changed the title to Southbound (Whittier to Vancouver) May Alaska Sailings
27 minutes ago, wblotner66 said:

IF anyone is on a May sailing can you please tell me when the formal nights are. My sailing is July on Majestic and nobody at princess will tell me and I need to make dining reservations

No one at Princess call center will ever have this info as it is ultimately ship's discretion.  However, seasoned guests can pretty much nail the formal night schedule by following a few rules and steps:

1. Never first or last night.

2. First formal might is Captain's Welcome Aboard theme and it is going to be on night 2 if at all possible, or ASAP after that.

3. Count on night 2 if a sea day or fairly early port departure.  If a late port, then look at night 3 and apply the sea day and departure rule.

4. Second formal night will be on second last night for sure if a sea day.  Also, if an early port departure.

5. Otherwise, look back to 3rd last night and so forth for either a sea day or early port departure. 

Applying this to SB Majestic itineraries indicates Formal Night 1 is Night 2 and Formal Night 2 is Night 5.  You already asked this on another thread you started.  Why the need to ask again?

• Like 1

Because the second night is Hubbard glacier until 8pm and there’s an excursion that goes until 6:30 so it makes no sense to me to be that night. People who are sailing in May can look in the app and it will say when the formal nights are.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wblotner66 said:

People who are sailing in May can look in the app and it will say when the formal nights are.

Where in the app?  Does one have to scroll up and down and left to right in the activities for each day to find this information?

16 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Where in the app?  Does one have to scroll up and down and left to right in the activities for each day to find this information?

The Journey View Activities Timeline will show either "Casual Fun Portraits" or "Formal Portraits" as an event each evening.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wblotner66 said:

Because the second night is Hubbard glacier until 8pm and there’s an excursion that goes until 6:30 so it makes no sense to me to be that night. People who are sailing in May can look in the app and it will say when the formal nights are.

I didn't know about that excursion.  It seemed the likely candidate.  Usually this is so easy to determine, but this itinerary doesn't look great for identifying the first night.  Maybe they do two in a row.  Guest can ask from earlier voyages or wait until the activities calendar is posted.