Binax Home Test Results with Navica

bookitdanno

I am preparing to take the Binax home test for Covid 19, which Uses the Navica app.

When I go to the Navica app website, it says my result will be given to me ON MY CELL PHONE,

in the form of a QR code indicating I have passed (assuming I have tested negative).

How do I transfer this information to a hard (paper) copy to use as backup, in case I have a problem with my phone?

TIA

17 minutes ago, bookitdanno said:

I am preparing to take the Binax home test for Covid 19, which Uses the Navica app.

When I go to the Navica app website, it says my result will be given to me ON MY CELL PHONE,

in the form of a QR code indicating I have passed (assuming I have tested negative).

How do I transfer this information to a hard (paper) copy to use as backup, in case I have a problem with my phone?

TIA

Hi!   You will receive an e-mail and from there you can print it.  You can also take a screenshot on your phone, e-mail it to yourself and then print it.  Another option is to print from your phone (if you have that set-up).

I would suggest taking a screenshot anyway, this way you can go to your gallery and quickly pull it up to show. 

🍹

Edited by PinkSandGirl
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, PinkSandGirl said:

Hi!   You will receive an e-mail and from there you can print it.  You can also take a screenshot on your phone, e-mail it to yourself and then print it.  Another option is to print from your phone (if you have that set-up).

I would suggest taking a screenshot anyway, this way you can go to your gallery and quickly pull it up to show. 

🍹

so when doing the test they ask for your email.    I have the tests as a backup but am a bit confused on how to get a paper copy if I do not have iphone setup to a printer.

does RCi want paper copies

Just now, Oceansaway17 said:

so when doing the test they ask for your email.    I have the tests as a backup but am a bit confused on how to get a paper copy if I do not have iphone setup to a printer.

does RCi want paper copies

You have to set up an account through Navica (which includes providing your e-mail).  At the port, they accept either a paper printout of the results or a digital version (either by opening the app or pulling up a screen shot from the app).  I found the paper a bit easier to juggle since you have to show multiple people vaccine card, passport, test results, and your Xpress pass.

4 minutes ago, prmssk said:

You have to set up an account through Navica (which includes providing your e-mail).  At the port, they accept either a paper printout of the results or a digital version (either by opening the app or pulling up a screen shot from the app).  I found the paper a bit easier to juggle since you have to show multiple people vaccine card, passport, test results, and your Xpress pass.

still confused.  Isn't the Navica on the phone and emed on the computer

how do I get a printout?  does it come two ways, phone and email to computer

thanks

1 minute ago, Oceansaway17 said:

still confused.  Isn't the Navica on the phone and emed on the computer

how do I get a printout?  does it come two ways, phone and email to computer

thanks

Navica is on the phone.  You need a Navica account regardless of whether you use a phone or computer to do the test.  I personally have had more luck using a laptop and so log in to eMed on a computer with my Navica login information.  Others have had a lot of success on phones so I don't think it really matters but is more personal preference.  Once the proctor watches you do the test, you wait the five minutes and then the proctor reads the test, the proctor issues the results.  When that happens you get an e-mail with the results attached and can print directly from that e-mail.  You also can open up the Navica app and you will see your results in the app.  There is also a way from the app to share or print your results - so several ways to get your results printed.

• Like 1

Just now, prmssk said:

Navica is on the phone.  You need a Navica account regardless of whether you use a phone or computer to do the test.  I personally have had more luck using a laptop and so log in to eMed on a computer with my Navica login information.  Others have had a lot of success on phones so I don't think it really matters but is more personal preference.  Once the proctor watches you do the test, you wait the five minutes and then the proctor reads the test, the proctor issues the results.  When that happens you get an e-mail with the results attached and can print directly from that e-mail.  You also can open up the Navica app and you will see your results in the app.  There is also a way from the app to share or print your results - so several ways to get your results printed.

bless you.

I get confused when I hear the words Navaca app. I do understand that I have to set it up and used emed site too.

Honestly wish more places would just do a walk in for use cruisers.  Now CVS has stopped and hoping walgreens won't.  I have the emed purchased as backup, but really with masking on planes going away, now cruise lines won't ever stop testing.  just a mess.  

thanks for help

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

bless you.

I get confused when I hear the words Navaca app. I do understand that I have to set it up and used emed site too.

As others have stated, you will receive an e-mail with your test result.  You can always log into the Navica app as well to view it. 

eMed is where the tests come from when ordering (well, one of the places).

Navica is the website/app you log into when taking the monitored test.

I like having paper copies of everything so I print it out.  I also take a screenshot on my phone so it's easier to find that in my gallery and you never know what the phone/internet service may be like at the port.  

To log in for the test I use a laptop when I am home.  When I was away and needed it to get back to the USA, I used my tablet.  Use whatever works best for you. You can even do a trial run before you need to take the test.  Just log in and go through the steps to familiarize yourself with it...just don't open/take the test. 😉  It's a little awkward sometimes positioning the device you are using and to have the camera on you and then the test but it really is easy.  

🍹

Edited by PinkSandGirl

14 hours ago, PinkSandGirl said:

As others have stated, you will receive an e-mail with your test result.  You can always log into the Navica app as well to view it. 

eMed is where the tests come from when ordering (well, one of the places).

Navica is the website/app you log into when taking the monitored test.

I like having paper copies of everything so I print it out.  I also take a screenshot on my phone so it's easier to find that in my gallery and you never know what the phone/internet service may be like at the port.  

To log in for the test I use a laptop when I am home.  When I was away and needed it to get back to the USA, I used my tablet.  Use whatever works best for you. You can even do a trial run before you need to take the test.  Just log in and go through the steps to familiarize yourself with it...just don't open/take the test. 😉  It's a little awkward sometimes positioning the device you are using and to have the camera on you and then the test but it really is easy.  

🍹

thanks for your reply.

I will use my emed as back up to Walgreens (which is still doing quick tests)  CVS has stopped for some reason and they continue to be annoying.

We did this proctored Binax home test two days before the cruise. I never saw any results with a QR code but we did get e-mail with the results. Printed out the e-mail results and took them to the port. During checking in at the port the agent asked for the test results. She looked at the paper for the word "Negative" and that was sufficient. No confirmation of when the test was taken or if the name on the test result matched the express pass name.

3 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

thanks for your reply.

I will use my emed as back up to Walgreens (which is still doing quick tests)  CVS has stopped for some reason and they continue to be annoying.

I’ve used the home proctored EMed 3 times now…no issues..never have to leave home..

And remember, be sure to set your laptop or ipad or phone, whatever you use to take the proctored test to NOT time out (go to the screen saver) while you are taking the test.  they need to watch the entire 15 minutes, and if your screen saver comes on - you will be out of luck.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ehall said:

And remember, be sure to set your laptop or ipad or phone, whatever you use to take the proctored test to NOT time out (go to the screen saver) while you are taking the test.  they need to watch the entire 15 minutes, and if your screen saver comes on - you will be out of luck.

OMG  good to know this as well

thanks

While good advice, they don't really watch you for 15 minutes (they may record it and view it later if there is a question).   There is also a message with a link to reconnect if you get disconnected.'

Generally a different proctor comes on after the 15 minute timer runs out to help you read the results.

8 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

While good advice, they don't really watch you for 15 minutes (they may record it and view it later if there is a question).   There is also a message with a link to reconnect if you get disconnected.'

Generally a different proctor comes on after the 15 minute timer runs out to help you read the results.

well good to know about a reconnect link, still I will set screen for 30 minutes.

So far good luck in getting appt with Walgreens for next week. fingers crossed.  

Not sure what the future holds for quick test at CVS and Rite Aid never go into the game.

3 hours ago, helen haywood said:

This may differ from one embarkation port or agent you deal with but every time we’ve sailed out of Port Everglades since the tests were required the agent has checked both the “negative” result AND the day it was done.

In Tampa, last November, the first person who looked at it circled both the date and the word negative to make it easier for the next people who reviewed it to find the important information.

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

Interesting - I called to ask them what happened if I got disconnected a while ago (I live in the mountains and sometimes have iffy connectivity).  They told me you may need to do another test as the proctor must have uninterrupted visual of the test - they need to verify you don't swap yours out with another (ie - fake a negative).