Changing name on EZ Air reservation

DandDM

Good afternoon.  Have a cruise coming up shortly and know that I am going to need to change the second person on the reservation.  However, was looking at EZ Air today and found a good price on plane tickets.  If I book the flights today, then call to change the names later, will this be a problem?  

thanks

I am pretty sure you will NOT be able to change the name on an EZ Air reservation, and will need to rebook if you need to make a change. The process to book EZ Air asks explicitly if your names match your travel documentation, and it's creating records of such with the airline.

• Like 1

You said your cruise is coming up “shortly”. If you book a flexible EZ Air ticket and if it is more than 45 days before the flight date, you can cancel the flight for just that person, then have them replaced on the cruise booking for (I think) $50, and then book a flight for them at the current fare. If you are closer then 45 days before the flight, you can’t even do that but may be able to recover some costs if you booked travel insurance and depending on the reason for cancellation. 

Thanks for the quick replies!  I’m 99% sure of the replacement so getting that process started. sounds like bad idea to book flights first. 

Cruise is exactly two weeks from today, has other transportation plans, but the ex air fare is too good to pass up!

Follow up question: our medallions are waiting at the post office…can the replacement passenger use my wife’s medallion?  How will that work this close to cruise?

thanks. 

5 minutes ago, DandDM said:

Follow up question: our medallions are waiting at the post office…can the replacement passenger use my wife’s medallion?  How will that work this close to cruise?

thanks. 

No, once the new person is added to the booking, he/she will have to complete the check in progress through the website or medallion app and pick up a medallion at the pier. 

Since 9/11, passengers have not been able to change names on a flight reservation.  I don't think you will be able to do this.  It is more an airline policy than EZ Air.  Airline tickets are no longer transferable.  

• Like 1

Thanks all.  Changed the name through TA, then booked the air on the same call.  $93 for one-way flight from Seattle to Vancouver.

Of note, the cruise is now 13 days away and my buddy was able to order his medallion through the app.  I guess we will see if it gets here in time!

Cheers,