Noise from Infinite Veranda cabin next door?

lawgirl

This is probably answered, but my forum search isn’t pulling it up.  If you are in a sky suite next to an infinite veranda on Edge class (Beyond, which I realize hasn’t sailed) , does the IV cause noise in the sky suite?

I thought I read that the cabin next to IV heard some type of wind noise when the doors of the IV were open?  I like to sleep in and nap on vacay, and the  S1 we booked is next to “Prime Edge stateroom with Infinite Veranda”.  

Any experience in a non-IV cabin and whether there is noise from IV next door is appreciated! Thank you!

10 hours ago, lawgirl said:

This is probably answered, but my forum search isn’t pulling it up.  If you are in a sky suite next to an infinite veranda on Edge class (Beyond, which I realize hasn’t sailed) , does the IV cause noise in the sky suite?

I thought I read that the cabin next to IV heard some type of wind noise when the doors of the IV were open?  I like to sleep in and nap on vacay, and the  S1 we booked is next to “Prime Edge stateroom with Infinite Veranda”.  

Any experience in a non-IV cabin and whether there is noise from IV next door is appreciated! Thank you!

If a fool in any cabin with a balcony leaves the door open to the balcony, you will hear wind noise and have the AC/heat control in your cabin become ineffective.

And if the air pressure difference is great enough when the gangway door is opened and then slammed, you may have damage in your cabin next door (actual experience on my Constellation cruise  - balcony door of cabin next door was  permanently locked for remainder of cruise).

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

We have had Sky Suite 10123 on Edge and Apex. Adjacent cabin 10125 is an IV. 

Never heard a peep either time. 

mac_tlc

Perfect!!!!  Thanks so much!  You really helped me!  That's basically the exact location of our Sky suite on the Beyond (only deck 9) in middle behind elevators, between another SS and next to an IV.  Glad to hear it was good.  I like the convenient location to forward elevators to get to the Retreat/Luminae.  And we have had a CS on S class behind elevator banks and its usually convenient and quiet.  Never been on Edge class, but looking forward to seeing a new design from the M and S classes.  Thanks so very much!!!!!! 

56 minutes ago, lawgirl said:

Perfect!!!!  Thanks so much!  You really helped me!  That's basically the exact location of our Sky suite on the Beyond (only deck 9) in middle behind elevators, between another SS and next to an IV.  Glad to hear it was good.  I like the convenient location to forward elevators to get to the Retreat/Luminae.  And we have had a CS on S class behind elevator banks and its usually convenient and quiet.  Never been on Edge class, but looking forward to seeing a new design from the M and S classes.  Thanks so very much!!!!!! 

We love the SS's near the front elevators on E class -- everything is very close -- Retreat, sundeck, Luminae, theater, The Club..

We have 9154 on Beyond in January 2023. Thats also next to an IV, but on the Magic Carpet side. Have 10123 in October on Edge for 26 days and 10123 on Beyond in January 2024. 

mac_tlc