Currently on Reflection TA - any questions?

Sibsie

8 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

No I was on the Reflection last month and there was no social distancing then. I'm actually on the Carnival MardiGras right at this moment and there's no social distancing on Carnival either. We're doing a b2b and the cruise that just ended had 5,800 passengers!

Thanks, I did think the website was out of date. It is describing how it was when I was on Silhouette last year.

Enjoy your current cruise, My daughter sailed MardiGras in February and loved it. There were not so many on board at that time, but it is such a huge ship!!.   

Edited by laslomas
  • Like 1

Just now, laslomas said:

I will be on board May 2nd, and interested in how social distancing is currently. This is an answer from the FAQ on Celebrity website:

"Seating in public spaces such as dining venues, theatres and pool decks will be spread out, and elevators will be limited to no more than four guests or one travel party at a time."

This is how it was when I cruised last year, is it how it is now, or is the website out of date?

They’re not doing that now. If the lift is full I wait for another one. I keep a mask in my bag just in case. I’ve got one day off after the cruise then straight back to work so I don’t want to come down with anything 

9 hours ago, Sibsie said:

Trivia every day so far with different themes. A few are wearing a mask but it’s not compulsory. We’re all well spaced out. 

I’ll try and find out pax numbers for upcoming cruises. I need to pop to the future cruise desk again so I’ll ask there 

Thanks 😊 

So far just 3 or 4 cases onboard. One with very mild symptoms and the rest (group) are asymptomatic. I was told all crew are out of deck 6 now so pax are isolating on that deck. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sibsie said:

So far just 3 or 4 cases onboard. One with very mild symptoms and the rest (group) are asymptomatic. I was told all crew are out of deck 6 now so pax are isolating on that deck. 

That is good to hear. Hopefully deck 6 will be very under-used. But a much better prospect for anyone unlucky enough to face quarantine due to Covid. I am sailing May 2nd, so also following this thread.

Edited by laslomas

2 hours ago, laslomas said:

That is good to hear. Hopefully deck 6 will be very under-used. But a much better prospect for anyone unlucky enough to face quarantine due to Covid. I am sailing May 2nd, so also following this thread.

Having been down to the helipad for sail in this morning it does make sense having crew isolate on deck 6 as it’s right by their crew deck. 

I think that now all crew are out of isolation and ships will be fully crewed again pax will remain on 6 for quarantine. If I hear any more I’ll report back. 

• Like 1

Apologies if already been asked…

Given the ship has not been revolutionised, can you advise whether:

1. Retreat lounge is still Michael’s?

2. is there no retreat sun deck or private suite area for sunbathing?

3. Is it the beer (think called craft social) or wine bar (cellar master from memory) on board?

16 minutes ago, maximusas said:

Apologies if already been asked…

Given the ship has not been revolutionised, can you advise whether:

1. Retreat lounge is still Michael’s?

2. is there no retreat sun deck or private suite area for sunbathing?

3. Is it the beer (think called craft social) or wine bar (cellar master from memory) on board?

1. Yes it’s still Michael’s.  It’s nice but it’s very dark and the decor gives it a gentleman’s club vibe 

2. Sadly no. 

3. Cellar Masters is on deck 4. 

On 4/22/2022 at 3:53 PM, DrKoob said:

Yes indeed! I have a question if you can do a slight bit of sluething. Can you drop by the World Class Bar and see if Olexi from Ukraine is working there. If he is, please tell him that Jim and Kathleen wish him well. This is the guy to look for. Then ask him to make you a couple of cocktails like he made me. 

IMG_2410.JPG

Did you ever get a chance to stop by the World Class Bar and see if Olexi was there? I am really afraid he got caught at home in Ukraine when war broke out. 

I have just heard through the grapevine that Cattier champagne has been having supply issues and is being substituted on other ships. Can you confirm that the Reflection has it and if not, what they are substituting it with? Thank you so much!

• Like 1