Booking on board

Nannan

We will be on the BOS in April this year and we are talking about a large family cruise in April of 2007. This would be Us, our 3 kids, their spouses and 4 grandkids. My questions are- Can we book for ALL of us while we are on board this year? and How much deposit do you have to put down to book on board?

also, How much do you actually save by doing this?

This April will be our first with RCCI and I don't know anything about booking while on board. Thanks for any info on this matter. Ellen.

You have to put down the standard deposit, which varies from $50 to $250 per person, depending on the length of the cruise. You don't get a discount off the cost of the cruise, but you do get an onboard credit (can be applied to drinks, shore excursions, shopping, spa, etc.) from $50-$250 per CABIN, again depending on the length of the cruise. I always get the amounts mixed up. All I'm sure of is that the deposit is $50pp up to 5 nights, then $100 for 6-some number of nights (9??) and then $250 after that. The break points are different for the onboard credit.

Something else to consider when you're booking is that you accrue cruise credits for each cruise you take, much like frequent flyer miles on airlines. You get one credit per cruise, except that if you book in a Junior Suite or higher, you get two (each occupant of the cabin gets 2). Also, if you book 12 nights or longer, you get 2 credits, and if you're in a JS+ for 12 nights, you get 3, which is the maximum you can earn on a cruise. So with all the people you'll have sailing, as you consider the advantages/disadvantages of booking a suite vs. a regular cabin, keep that in the back of your mind.

As you reach higher levels of the Crown & Anchor Society (the "frequent cruiser" club), you get some nice perks, including discounted prices on balcony & above cabins. Platinum is after 5 credits, Diamond is after 10, Diamond Plus is over 24.

Anything else?:D

You will only get the onboard credit for the rooms that the people on the current cruise are booked in. Make sure it is booked with you and your wife being in seperate rooms to get credit on 2 rooms. When you actually check in for the cruise you can change the rooms around and get back together.:)

On our last cruise we booked out upcoming cruise and we booked our friends for the same cruise. They are supposed to get the cabin credits, too. We will find out about that when we get on the ship! I have heard that only one extra cabin will get the credits.

The deposit on RCCL is $250 p/p for 7 night cruises, and $450 p/p for 10 night cruises. I think it was $150 p/p deposit for the 4 nighter. The deposits on Princess are cheaper, you have been on too many Princess cruises, critterchick!:-). Some have mentioned that they have received the onboard booking bonus for others that were not on the ship, but I wouldn't count on it. Technically it is only for the people booking onboard. You will receive an onboard credit for your next cruise of $50 per cabin for short cruises, $100 per cabin for 7 nights and $ 200 for longer cruises. :)

You will only get the onboard credit for the rooms that the people on the current cruise are booked in. Make sure it is booked with you and your wife being in seperate rooms to get credit on 2 rooms. When you actually check in for the cruise you can change the rooms around and get back together.:)

Excellent suggestion!!!:)

The deposit on RCCL is $250 p/p for 7 night cruises, and $450 p/p for 10 night cruises. I think it was $150 p/p deposit for the 4 nighter. The deposits on Princess are cheaper, you have been on too many Princess cruises, critterchick!:-). Some have mentioned that they have received the onboard booking bonus for others that were not on the ship, but I wouldn't count on it. Technically it is only for the people booking onboard. You will receive an onboard credit for your next cruise of $50 per cabin for short cruises, $100 per cabin for 7 nights and $ 200 for longer cruises. :)

OK, well at least I was right that they go up as the cruises get longer.:o We try to get the OBC for booking on board, then we get the Platinum/Diamond balcony discount and the shareholder discount. Then there's what it costs to book the thing. Oy.

Archived