New Offer

mauimacho

1 minute ago, mauimacho said:

Viking just added a $500 OBC and Silver Spirit package to our Aug cruise. Will they add it to our booking if I call?

This promotion will probably be for new bookings only. But do call your TA or Viking directly to see if you can get the same perks.

11 hours ago, mauimacho said:

Viking just added a $500 OBC and Silver Spirit package to our Aug cruise. Will they add it to our booking if I call?

Try calling but probably not.  Only way we have been able to get a change in pricing or perks for a new booking promotion is cancelling and rebooking.

On 4/22/2022 at 12:32 PM, WNcruiser said:

We tried for our upcoming cruise in October and they told us no. Our TA even reached out to some special team and they declined also. Only for new bookings. 

You get the deals that are available when you book.  We booked the Midnight Sun  in March 2020.  A few days after we booked starting in April they added $1000 ship credit and Silver Spirits.  I asked our travel agent and she said we could not get it unless we cancelled and rebooked but we would then lose our Tripmate paid in full payment.  Had we done another insurance like Travelguard we could have cancelled and rebooked easily.  However there was another offering where we were allowed to move our sailing from June to July without losing the Tripmate payment.  We got the $1000 ship credit.  We did not get the Silver Spirits package though.  My lesson is to not use Tripmate in the future because it is not flexible and does not cover on your own type extensions.

• Like 1

Viking dropped our cruise's fares a month prior to embarkation.  I called Viking asking for some OBCs or a category upgrade even if I had to pay (like I did with Princess, Celebrity, and RCI when fares dropped after final payment), but they said no.  Viking is snobby in that way. 

I mean, their ships used to sell out months in advance pre-pandemic, they probably didn't even have this type of requests before.  Now with some people still reluctant to cruise, they are still sticking to their guns about contract clauses and stiff guests who booked and paid in full months, if not a year, in advance.

Yeah, the onboard experience will make up for that.  But it's still a somewhat bitter pill to swallow before getting on the ship.

2 hours ago, Selion said:

Viking dropped our cruise's fares a month prior to embarkation.  I called Viking asking for some OBCs or a category upgrade even if I had to pay (like I did with Princess, Celebrity, and RCI when fares dropped after final payment), but they said no.  Viking is snobby in that way. 

I mean, their ships used to sell out months in advance pre-pandemic, they probably didn't even have this type of requests before.  Now with some people still reluctant to cruise, they are still sticking to their guns about contract clauses and stiff guests who booked and paid in full months, if not a year, in advance.

Yeah, the onboard experience will make up for that.  But it's still a somewhat bitter pill to swallow before getting on the ship.

Yes, the  sales currently  on Viking web page are for new bookings only.  One can book early , or on board , all with a certain price even a sale price.

But once booked, no upgrades or OBC  like Celebrity use to do when I sailed their cruises. 

Now rather than watch the price of the cruise constantly for any upgrade etc, I can now just concentrate on researching the ports of call and  watch the air fare , will I use Viking Air or book my own air?   But once I book my airfare that is the price I pay regardless  of others. 

So  one can find a cruise you want and watch the price for  whatever time frame you want, but once booked  that is the price. 

I have booked a cruise for June 2023 booked on board my last cruise. Friends  are watching the price, waiting  sometime in early  2023 to book the same cruise.  We are both sure it will not be sold out ... 

4 hours ago, Flgreg said:

We had no problem getting the $500 shipboard credit and Silver Sprits beverage package on a new booking.

The OP’s question and topic of this thread is for adding new offers to  EXISTING bookings. We all know you can get it with a “new” booking.