UK to Barcelona to board Wonder of the Seas

Our travel agent is on holiday. Our departure fast approaching. Please can anyone help?

We need to know what testing is required. I believe testing is no longer required to get into Spain, but that we will need negative tests to board Wonder of the Seas. Adults all double jabbed with booster, but also travelling with an eleven year old. Also will we need Spanish Locator form?

Please can anyone share a recent experience ? (Appreciate it can’t be Wonder, but any RC ship would do.)

Many thanks.

1 hour ago, Reina del Mar said:

Our travel agent is on holiday. Our departure fast approaching. Please can anyone help?

We need to know what testing is required. I believe testing is no longer required to get into Spain, but that we will need negative tests to board Wonder of the Seas. Adults all double jabbed with booster, but also travelling with an eleven year old. Also will we need Spanish Locator form?

Please can anyone share a recent experience ? (Appreciate it can’t be Wonder, but any RC ship would do.)

Many thanks.

Also check your Roll Call. Posters there are very up to date and helpful on what is required.

You still have to fill in the Spanish Health form as you are flying into Barcelona and don´t have an digital EU Vaccination Code.

Vaccinated guests have to bring a test (Antigen or PCR) not older than 2 days prior to departure. Unvaccinated children have a 1 day window for the test.

No test needed for the flight or for entering Spain for vaccinated people. Not sure about the 11yo but as you need a test anyway for the ship you are on the save side.

steamboats

I flew into Spain last Friday.

I had to show the SPTH form. 
I had a LFT in England which was within 2 days of boarding (£29.99 at Lloyds in Sainsburys)

FYI: Barcelona airport was a nightmare. You could barely get off the air bridge from the plane into the terminal corridor as the corridor was full of people from other flights. They had shut one of the escalators and made the other walk down only which caused the back up getting to passport control.  
You are then divided into EU and non EU lines. Got a stamp in my UK passport! 
You then show the SPTH. 
Then the luggage carousel was not working. 

Thanks for that info..hopefully carousel may be fixed by the time we go.  

Was your Lloyd’s LFT accepted for boarding? We paid £96 for two at Express Test prior to flying to USA in March !!!!!! Then $100 for LFT to board ship…so if £30 each, sounds like a much better deal !

3 hours ago, little britain said:

I had a LFT in England which was within 2 days of boarding (£29.99 at Lloyds in Sainsburys)

FYI: Barcelona airport was a nightmare. You could barely get off the air bridge from the plane into the terminal corridor as the corridor was full of people from other flights. They had shut one of the escalators and made the other walk down only which caused the back up getting to passport control.  
You then show the SPTH. 

You then show the SPTH. 

And I thought Stansted was bad

50 minutes ago, Reina del Mar said:

Thanks for that info..hopefully carousel may be fixed by the time we go.  

Was your Lloyd’s LFT accepted for boarding? We paid £96 for two at Express Test prior to flying to USA in March !!!!!! Then $100 for LFT to board ship…so if £30 each, sounds like a much better deal !

Yes Lloyds £29.99 perfectly acceptable for boarding ship.  I’ll be booking it again for Wonder next month. 

I also used same Lloyds test to get into USA in January.  I used free Walgreens test to board ship in FLL! 

• Like 1

If you’re booking Lloyds, might be worth giving the branch you’re getting tested in a ring. Lots of chatter about branches having no stock of tests, and not expecting to receive any more. At least according to the FB group for the 2 day Anthem sailing in May.

Wondering if this is going to become an increasing problem this summer, as testing requirements for travel are dropped, there’s less demand for tests, and then less testing providers. I see that Eurofins that RC used last year for the UK sailings have gone.

• Like 1

Yes Lloyds £29.99 perfectly acceptable for boarding ship.  I’ll be booking it again for Wonder next month. 

I also used same Lloyds test to get into USA in January.  I used free Walgreens test to board ship in FLL! 

That was good to get a free Walgreens one..I had read that international travellers could not have the free Walgreens/ CVS ones, so we went with Lab Doctor..obviously paid a lot more than you..should have asked you sooner.  Thanks for the info.

On 4/23/2022 at 7:30 AM, little britain said:

You then show the SPTH. 

Do you know why you had to show the SPTH?  That website and the UK gov site says that as long as your Covid pass is a UK one, it is treated as ‘EU Covid pass equivalent’ and the health locator from is not required. 

14 minutes ago, Garden_Girl said:

Do you know why you had to show the SPTH?  That website and the UK gov site says that as long as your Covid pass is a UK one, it is treated as ‘EU Covid pass equivalent’ and the health locator from is not required.

I’ve just read the same so interested to know other peoples views. 

we are taking 2 unvaccinated kids so on the website it says they’ll need to fill the forms in but when you click into it, it says children under 12 don’t need to do it. I’m so confused! Not going for a few weeks so hoping that the first cruisers leaving Barcelona will come back on to cruise critic and fill in all the blanks 😄

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gumpxyz said:

I’ve just read the same so interested to know other peoples views. 

we are taking 2 unvaccinated kids so on the website it says they’ll need to fill the forms in but when you click into it, it says children under 12 don’t need to do it. I’m so confused! Not going for a few weeks so hoping that the first cruisers leaving Barcelona will come back on to cruise critic and fill in all the blanks 😄

I thought this was the case with the Spanish forms that uk COVID pass was accepted like the EU pass! Confusing.

3 hours ago, Garden_Girl said:

My covid jabs were not done in England so don’t show on nhs app