Covid Cancellation/Refund Policy Extended to November 30/2022

koolforkatz

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

UK guests have to take out full travel insurance including Covid cover and repatriation costs as a condition of carriage -  no ifs,  buts or maybe - it is a term of carriage.  Therefore any quarantine requirements off ship would be handled by the passenger's insurance company once a positive test is recorded.  This includes costs ashore and repatriation.  Therefore the need to remain onboard should not apply.

The sailing directives state quite clearly that the passenger is the cruise line's responsibility and costs associated are the cruise line's as well.  This new approach by Celebrity is interesting and I assume aimed to save them money on repatriation costs for non European residents.

I've seen a great many of the cruise lines policies on Covid within EU waters and none I recall are like this one.  Celebrity seem to be sailing very close to the wind and testing the EU protocols with regard to non repatriation. I'm guessing because reading these boards a lot of non EU guests do not have the full insurance cover that UK and EU guests are required to have?

Thank you for explaining the different policy in the EU. American passengers are not required to have travel insurance so that accounts for the difference in attitude. It is readily a available, but most do not want to buy it because of the cost. 

Interesting, isn’t it, in a country that claims to value personal responsubility.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

UK guests have to take out full travel insurance including Covid cover and repatriation costs as a condition of carriage -  no ifs,  buts or maybe - it is a term of carriage.  Therefore any quarantine requirements off ship would be handled by the passenger's insurance company once a positive test is recorded.  This includes costs ashore and repatriation.  Therefore the need to remain onboard should not apply.

The sailing directives state quite clearly that the passenger is the cruise line's responsibility and costs associated are the cruise line's as well.  This new approach by Celebrity is interesting and I assume aimed to save them money on repatriation costs for non European residents.

I've seen a great many of the cruise lines policies on Covid within EU waters and none I recall are like this one.  Celebrity seem to be sailing very close to the wind and testing the EU protocols with regard to non repatriation. I'm guessing because reading these boards a lot of non EU guests do not have the full insurance cover that UK and EU guests are required to have?

MSC is requiring passengers to carry COVID 19 insurance to sail

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

What have you expected? If you are positive you jump on a plane to Spain and invect others? 

Really? Did I say that anywhere? 🙄 Of course we wouldn’t! We would finish out our isolation in a hotel in Rome and go after that. I just don’t want to be made to stay on the ship for an extended period of time after our cruise.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

Really? Did I say that anywhere? 🙄 Of course we wouldn’t! We would finish out our isolation in a hotel in Rome and go after that. I just don’t want to be made to stay on the ship for an extended period of time after our cruise.

I doubt that Celebrity wants to keep guests quarantined on board past their scheduled debarkation but if a port/or country will not allow them to disembark passengers with Covid then they have no choice

• Like 1