Cabin Across From Elevators

Flgreg

Hello---we took advantage of a promotion which includes $500 shipboard credit as well as the Silver Spirits beverage package and booked a 10 day Athens to Athens cruise in November. We are also doing the 2 day pre cruise extension.

We wanted a Penthouse Junior Suite (PJS 3) and will be in cabin 6023 which is across from the elevators. Will this be terribly noisy? There were only 3 available cabins in that category and they were all close to the elevators.

Any replies will be appreciated.

We have been on cruises directly across from the forward lifts.  Noise was not a problem even if there were several people waiting.  The only drawback is people waiting can see directly into your room when you open the door.  Not a problem unless one person is leaving and another is in a state of undress.

Cabins near forward stairs/ elevators are now always our first choice. We have never had the slightest issue with noise.

In 6023 you will be perfectly positioned, just a couple of short flights of stairs up to Mamsen's and the explorers lounge forward or the winter garden and pool aft. Taking the elevator or stairs down to deck two brings you out close to the entrance to the theatre.

Enjoy!

The lack of hall noise was one of the first things we noted on our first cruise on Viking.  You can stand outside the laundry room door with all machines going and not realize it was a laundry room until you see the sign.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/10/2022 at 5:45 AM, millybess said:

We are currently in 6082 directly under the World Cafe. Happy to report there has been no noise whatsoever. 

Good to know!   6082 will be our stateroom on the Neptune in December.   Thank you! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/10/2022 at 11:14 AM, PasadenaDave said:

We are currently in 6058. Adjacent to the elevator lobby.  I like the convenience, no noise 

Good to know.  It was the last cabin on port side for British Isles in Aug. so I booked it reluctantly.  Feeling better now!

16 minutes ago, bxny said:

Good to know.  It was the last cabin on port side for British Isles in Aug. so I booked it reluctantly.  Feeling better now!

Why were you particularly interested in the port side for that cruise? 

We’re going in September and will be on the starboard side. I’m wondering what we’ll miss.

I really don't know what the deal is.  We did this route as part of a WC and would not say there was any benefit to P vs S.  I do know it seems any time a tanker or barge came alongside for bunkers the exhaust from the funnel was right outside our balcony.  DV midships on deck 4 Port side.  The only real benefit I know of is a North Atlantic straight Transatlantic.  Sunny side Port outbound from England, sunny side Starboard outbound from NYC.  Port Out, Starboard Home or POSH.....  🍸

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Twitchly said:

Why were you particularly interested in the port side for that cruise? 

We’re going in September and will be on the starboard side. I’m wondering what we’ll miss.

Looking at the map you see land in the beginning of the trip on the starboard side and then when it comes back around the island port side will give you land views.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

I really don't know what the deal is.  We did this route as part of a WC and would not say there was any benefit to P vs S.  I do know it seems any time a tanker or barge came alongside for bunkers the exhaust from the funnel was right outside our balcony.  DV midships on deck 4 Port side.  The only real benefit I know of is a North Atlantic straight Transatlantic.  Sunny side Port outbound from England, sunny side Starboard outbound from NYC.  Port Out, Starboard Home or POSH.....  🍸

So true Jim.

Back in my days on the floating gin palaces, we did cruise closer to shore, as we needed to see lighthouses, points of land, etc for visual bearings. Didn't have GPS in those days.

Unless scenic cruising, the ships are so much further offshore these days. Since we were in virtually the same location as you, we also had the bunker barge just off the balcony in many ports.

• Like 1