What's the JS like on Odyssey?

mafig

Can you describe and give your opinion of the Junior Suite on Odyssey ??  I see there are two categories....one "with large balcony."  How much larger is the balcony?

Is the JS allowed dinner in CK on an "available" basis?  

You can see the difference in balconies on the deck plan.  You can also google and see a video of the room and balcony.

We had one in March.  The room is spacious.  Ours had 2 bathrooms.  One was a powder room.  The other was a bathroom with tub and shower combo.  Some have a separate tub and shower.  We found the regular balcony to be just fine.  Check the deck plans carefully.  My biggest beef with this class of ship is that a lot of balconies are not private.  Due to the way the large balcony’s stick out, others can see onto yours.  The worst are deck 6 where others just look up and see directly onto yours.  I’d choose a high deck for that reason.

We ate in CK only one night as we had the dining package but had no trouble making that reservation the first day in the cruise.

Edited by cruiselvr04
  • Thanks 1

We had a JS on the hump on Odyssey in March.  It was the cheapest of the JS categories.  It had a split bath.  Toilet and sink on one side.  Tub, nice large separate shower and sink on the other side.  We really enjoyed it and the location by the elevators.  This was a cabin for 2 people as the sofa was more of a loveseat size. Here is a Youtube video.

• Thanks 1

I forgot to add...we ate in CK every night.  Went up to the CK podium after boarding and they had availability for either 5:30 or 7:30 every night.  We chose 7:30 as we are late eaters.  We didn't plan on eating there every night, but loved the staff and venue and ended up there all 8 nights.     

4 hours ago, mafig said:

Can you describe and give your opinion of the Junior Suite on Odyssey ??  I see there are two categories....one "with large balcony."  How much larger is the balcony?

Is the JS allowed dinner in CK on an "available" basis?  

If you want to eat at CK, the very, very first stop when you embark is the CK to make reservations. Book your shows, then book dinner around it. JS have the lowest priority for the CK, so grab what you can as soon as you board.

2 hours ago, RoperDK said:

I forgot to add...we ate in CK every night.  Went up to the CK podium after boarding and they had availability for either 5:30 or 7:30 every night.  We chose 7:30 as we are late eaters.  We didn't plan on eating there every night, but loved the staff and venue and ended up there all 8 nights.     

Agreed on the staff and the venue, although it is directly below the sports court, so you will hear stampeding kids during dinner.  The staff in Odyssey CK were some of the best we have had.  Ask for Francisco!

• Like 1