Covid Recovery Certificate

babs135

Can I get one of these through the NHS?  I've looked online and it's not clear.  DH and myself showed positive on the LFT tests which we reported on the Covid App and after 6 days have now shown and remain negative.  We did not do PCR tests.  I'm looking at a cruise which sails within the next month to six weeks and it says I need to provide proof of recovery and a negative PCR test.

Probably you would need to provide more info  for a  full answer  - ie where you live   where you sail from and countries you are visiting.

First thing if you have not already done so (and live in England) is get an on line  covid pass for travel as

it says that should show  test results  ( presumably only if you advised them) ( may only be for PCR?)as well as  vaccination results.

The NHS   & your GP do not provide  recovery certificates.     see links.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/nhs-covid-pass

https://www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk/advice/disease-prevention-advice/covid-19-health-considerations-for-travel/coronavirus-covid-19-frequently-asked-questions

"Be aware that certificates proving you have been recently infected with COVID-19 (sometimes known as COVID-19 recovery certificates or fitness to fly certificates) are not available via your NHS GP or via the NHS."

Oddly on Princess it  says if you cannot obtain a recovery  certificate you will have to take a test.

The recovery certificates I have seen are £59   whereas a test  is only £30???

Maybe just ask princess  if you just take the test like everyone else will that suffice?

( get something in writing)

If guests are not able to obtain documentation of recovery that fulfills the above requirements, they will need to take the required COVID-19 viral test and show a negative result."

1 hour ago, babs135 said:

Can I get one of these through the NHS?  I've looked online and it's not clear.  DH and myself showed positive on the LFT tests which we reported on the Covid App and after 6 days have now shown and remain negative.  We did not do PCR tests.  I'm looking at a cruise which sails within the next month to six weeks and it says I need to provide proof of recovery and a negative PCR test.

Yes you can, it sits in the same place as the vaccination certificates but it will only be there if you took the appropriate PCR tests to prove the infection.
Most people do not take the correct tests for a recovery certificate so there will be no certificate of recovery available in their online accounts.
Antigen tests are not suitable tests for a recovery certificate.

Edited by ziggyuk
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Aulanis said:

Covid recovery is shown in the app and is free, but only if you took the correct PCR tests:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/nhs-covid-pass

This is the section:

How to use the NHS COVID Pass when travelling abroad

You can show the vaccination records in your NHS COVID Pass as proof of your COVID-19 status when travelling abroad.

Proof of recovery from prior COVID-19 infection if you have tested positive on an NHS PCR test in the last 180 days is also shown.

Edited by ziggyuk

Thanks everyone. It is as I thought. Pity we didn't get a PCR test at the time but we're not due to sail until December and had no thoughts of another holiday before then. I'm looking at MSC cruises either in May or June but as I've not told DH (!) to then have to add in the unexpected cost of a recovery certificate, etc may just be the excuse for him to say no. Can't argue really as we've just had a land based holiday as our son lives abroad and we went for his wedding.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

Proof of recovery from prior COVID-19 infection if you have tested positive on an NHS PCR test in the last 180 days is also shown.

Yes,  Brain didnt fully register the" PCR "  though not having done any tests  I did wonder how / if

a LFT could  be recorded  - hence the doubt in my answer.

• Like 1

What's your vaccination status ? Covid Recovery certificates are only needed to help you with your vaccination status if you don't meet the full requirements, if you are classed as fully vaccinated then you don't need a recovery certificate.

All positive and negative LFT results were reported on the NHS Covid App and they then both emailed and texted me that they had received the results.

Both DH and myself are triple vaccinated. DH is due the 4th booster.

1 hour ago, babs135 said:

Both DH and myself are triple vaccinated. DH is due the 4th booster.

then you don't need a covid recovery cert as you would be classed as fully vaccinated by any current cruise lines requirements.