Testing to board Scenic?

lenetere

Scenic has two opposing statements on the website about testing to board.  I'm thinking that when the website went back up, some old information may have been put there.  The statements are below.  Can anyone who's onboard now, or recently, tell me what your experience was?

1 -
Q.Do I need to provide a negative PCR Covid-19 test prior to embarking my cruise?
A.We require guests to provide the relevant proof of a negative PCR COVID-19 test (taken within 72 hours of their voyage departure), when boarding the ship.
2 -
image.thumb.png.ff7a9bbe20a560e82daadd19c4c1711f.png

Edited by lenetere
double attachment removed

Woot!!!  The FAQ's on Scenic's site have been updated, so it's the same info in both places:

Q.Do I need to provide a negative PCR COVID-19 or RAT test prior to embarking my cruise?
A.River Cruising: Guests are required to meet the requirements of entry to the country in which they are embarking on their Scenic river cruise. We do not require additional PCR or RAT tests when boarding our Europe river cruise Space-Ships. 
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lenetere said:

Woot!!!  The FAQ's on Scenic's site have been updated, so it's the same info in both places:

Q.Do I need to provide a negative PCR COVID-19 or RAT test prior to embarking my cruise?
A.River Cruising: Guests are required to meet the requirements of entry to the country in which they are embarking on their Scenic river cruise. We do not require additional PCR or RAT tests when boarding our Europe river cruise Space-Ships. 

Tat is good news indeed.

We are doing a it of pre cruise touring and it would be difficult to find places for testing.

8 hours ago, Gourmet Gal said:

At least in France it was extremely easy to find testing!  There are tents set up on sidewalks and even on median strips in Paris.  Easy to test in most pharmacies as well;

That was our experience too. 

It will be interesting to see how we’re treated on our Canal du Nivernais adventure only a week and a half away now. Three of us fully jabbed and my old boy with his extra one. All on listed with that thingamygig on our smart (ha ha) phones. Will report back eventually as we certainly won’t have the luxury of on board Wi-Fi.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2022 at 6:11 AM, lenetere said:

Fully vaccinated ~  If you are from a Green Country ~You do not need to be tested to embark in Europe! Testing is required to return to the U.S.  (just to make our life miserable)! 

• Like 1

On 4/27/2022 at 12:17 AM, Canal archive said:

It will be interesting to see how we’re treated on our Canal du Nivernais adventure only a week and a half away now. Three of us fully jabbed and my old boy with his extra one. All on listed with that thingamygig on our smart (ha ha) phones. Will report back eventually as we certainly won’t have the luxury of on board Wi-Fi.

So excited for you - I have friends who have done very luxurious Canal due Nivernais barges - always envious. 

On 4/27/2022 at 12:17 AM, Canal archive said:

I'm curious do you have to get a  PCR test 24 hours before your flight to return to the UK (as we do in the US). 

On 4/26/2022 at 7:24 PM, Wings55 said:

That was our experience too. 

Hi - Was the test you found so easily in Paris , the test required 24 hr. prior to returning to the U.S. ? Or is it just a test similar to our at home antigen tests that we get  for free - that just lets  you know if you  may have covid and should get further tested.  

17 hours ago, Cisterna said:

I'm curious do you have to get a  PCR test 24 hours before your flight to return to the UK (as we do in the US). 

We only had to have an antigen test to return to the US last month.  But we were required to get a PCR test to board our river cruise (not from the country, but the cruise line).

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/26/2022 at 10:24 AM, pete_coach said:

Tat is good news indeed.

We are doing a it of pre cruise touring and it would be difficult to find places for testing.

It may not be as good news as it sounds. If Scenic does not require you to be tested to board how can other cruisers be confident that you have not picked up covid while touring in Europe? It seems to me that the pre-embarkation testing is the best way to ensure that the cruise at least starts out with a healthy roster of guests.

• Like 2

On 5/21/2022 at 12:06 PM, CJANDH said:

It may not be as good news as it sounds. If Scenic does not require you to be tested to board how can other cruisers be confident that you have not picked up covid while touring in Europe? It seems to me that the pre-embarkation testing is the best way to ensure that the cruise at least starts out with a healthy roster of guests.

How can other cruisers know if you have it from your home country or caught it while on the flight or got it 2 days before boarding and not showing symptoms till 3 days after? Or on one of the daily tours while on the cruise?

Are you suggesting that testing should be daily and never end?

If the ship doesn’t provide some sort of testing you might consider taking some home antigen tests with you and test yourself.  It’s a petri dish on those small river ships and if you wait until the day before travel back to US and test positive then the clock starts ticking for “recovery” time and quarantine whether you have symptoms or not.  The sooner you know the better if you must be back home as scheduled.  

Only an Antigen test is required for re-entry to US but it must be proctored or administered by an ”official” tester.

• Like 2

On 5/1/2022 at 1:06 PM, Cisterna said:

Hi - Was the test you found so easily in Paris , the test required 24 hr. prior to returning to the U.S. ? Or is it just a test similar to our at home antigen tests that we get  for free - that just lets  you know if you  may have covid and should get further tested.  

Sorry for my late response, we just got home from the Med.

We had a PCR test but there were many places that offered the antigen tests too. Easy to find back in August. 

Paul