Miami Hotel - $$$ - Comfort Suites, Comfort Inn and Candlewood

LuCruise

Looking for a hotel in Miami for our cruise in March.

In the past, we've stayed at Hampton Inn Brickell and really enjoyed the area and hotel, but prices are ridiculous (over 500 for a night).  Have also stayed in Blue Lagoon area but doesn't look like all hotels have been released yet...but I expect them to be high as well.

So am looking at airport hotels,  Anyone stayed at either Comfort Inn & Suites Miami International Airport, Comfort Suites Miami Airport North (these are pretty much side by side) or Candlewood Suites Miami Airport 36th st..

We won't have a car so would just need somewhere to grab lunch and dinner.  Think we'd pretty much be stuck to the hotel for the day with these as nothing is around but they have a pool and we'll manage.  

Or if any other recommendation with similar pricing let me know.  Thanks.

I am in same boat....we booked Marriott Miami Airport...we are Bonvoy members so prefer Marriott brands and it has a shuttle from the airport....it lists a shuttle for fee to port as well but we will most likely Uber. I read there are 3 Marriotts in same property so places to eat. We arrive in the evening from the West Coast so just want nice place to eat and sleep before cruise. The price was half of those in the Brickell area by the port. hope this helps

• Like 1

We started looking for our 3 nights a few months in advance of our cruise.  You have much more time so you have the benefit of booking & canceling refundable rooms as prices change.  Include Airbnb/VRBO in your search if you are comfortable with that.  One of our nights needed was Memorial Day weekend where prices were much higher than the prior/pre-cruise weekend.  Found a 1-night Airbnb next door to Holiday Inn-POM for about $300 total with a nice Bayside Market view.

• Like 1

Ended up booking Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon as it just opened up for our date.  It's more than the 3 mentioned in my original post (but still less than Brickell or port area), but the area seems a bit better with some conveniences near by (Publix, CVS, etc).  It's a refundable booking so can still watch for options and pricing.

Edited by LuCruise

21 hours ago, thinfool said:

Have you considered flying to FLL then uber or train to POM?  Hotels and flights seem more affordable in FLL and there are several transportation options.

Can you elaborate on this?  If my daughter joins us, we will be driving in from Orlando.  But if she doesn’t, perhaps I should look into flying into FLL & going to POM from there?  We would not have a car in that case & would be flying in the day before.  Hotel, transportation suggestions?