Jewell Gardens glassblowing excursion in Skagway cancelled?

quack2

I have the booked the Jewell Garden Glassblowing excursion in Skagway in mid-June through Holland.  While it shows up in my itinerary, the time has been removed.  Also, the downloadable excursion pdf document no longer lists it an an excursion.  Is this another one that has bit the dust?

8 hours ago, quack2 said:

I have the booked the Jewell Garden Glassblowing excursion in Skagway in mid-June through Holland.  While it shows up in my itinerary, the time has been removed.  Also, the downloadable excursion pdf document no longer lists it an an excursion.  Is this another one that has bit the dust?

I am booked for early May on Princess.  The time still displays and I show confirmed, but I cannot access any further details.  I also checked the Jewell Gardens website and there is no information about 2022.  I guess I will know more in about 2 weeks and can post an update.

Same thing happened with my Butchart Gardens tour in Victoria - there's no longer a departure time listed, and it's gone from the shore excursions catalog. (It was scheduled for 6:30 PM, but we now arrive at 8:00 rather than 6:00.)

2 hours ago, quack2 said:

Interesting that as we get closer to ships returning to Alaska, the number of cancelled excursions is increasing.

I think the answer is just like everywhere in the world, shortage of staff;

https://greeleytribune.net/tourists-are-returning-to-alaska-this-summer-will-there-be-enough-staff-to-manage-them/

• Like 1

We are on the July 31st Noordam sailing. We too got an email canceling the Glassblowing. Now our morning is free until our afternoon excursion. Maybe just enjoy an unhurried breakfast on the balcony.