occupancy rate ??

gazingm42

Somewhere I read that Carnival is limiting the occupancy rates due to covid concerns.  My PVP also confirm this is the case, but could not give numbers.

As anyone heard any percent numbers of occupancy rate?  Just curious... 

I have been on seven cruises since the restart in October.  Carnival, NCL, Celebrity and Princess.  Not one of them was over 60% capacity.  Cruising on the Splendor and Spirit in May.  Both say "sold out".  I will doubt that.  I think at best both ships will be at 75% capacity.  Probably will depend on how long a ship has been back in service.  Both the Splendor and Spirit are basically starting over.  But it really doesn't matter.  I have never given capacity a though when booking a cruise.  It's all about the journey.✌️

I sailed on Carnival in October, December, and March.  October and December we were not at double occupancy but in March we where at max capacity on the Vista and had almost 5000 passengers aboard, typical spring break crowds. Based on other posts March and April have been sailing at or near max capacities (due to spring breaks) so I cannot image they would go backwards and restrict the numbers again in May.

• Like 1

The Ecstacy sailed on 4/11 with 1400 (70%). Walking to my room the first night after dinner, there were numerous sail and sign cards on doors  unopened. A lot of cancellations for whatever reason.

2 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

On Mardi Gras now sailing at 109% based on double occupancy.

Hope you have a GREAT cruise! And when does the 'live review' with all the pics and commentary commence? 👍

• Like 1

We have been on 7 cruises since the restart (all Carnival) and each one has had more and more passengers.  Radiance in February and Mardi Gras in April were both full.  Unfortunately back in February, the passenger count jumped up so quickly, the crew were not ready for it.

Earlier this Month on Mardi Gras, the crew still seemed a little overwhelmed.  The cruise director mentioned Carnival is having a hard time hiring enough crew.

14 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Hope you have a GREAT cruise! And when does the 'live review' with all the pics and commentary commence? 👍

Thanks! We don't do "live" reviews, though you may see me post stuff on other threads from time to time. We are on the Mardi Gras again next week, and after that we'll be spending another week in Orlando. I may get things started then. Just a note,  Willdra will also be on the Mardi Gras next week. Fun times!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

on the Pride sailing out of Tampa April 17, there did not seem to be a capacity crowd. Capacity is 2600-ish. The last night at dinner the maitre 'd said his crew had served 1200 dinners a night in the dining room. I don't know how to factor folks who ate dinner elsewhere, but 'd guess we were around 50%.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, virginiab said:

on the Pride sailing out of Tampa April 17, there did not seem to be a capacity crowd. Capacity is 2600-ish. The last night at dinner the maitre 'd said his crew had served 1200 dinners a night in the dining room. I don't know how to factor folks who ate dinner elsewhere, but 'd guess we were around 50%.

We were on that cruise. CD announced 2,011 passengers onboard.

Best ever debarkation -- maybe because of that.