Key West...

sid_9169

I'm a month out from sailing the Scarlet Lady, and so far they haven't announced any sort of itinerary change. For those who have sailed recently, has Virgin Voyages porting at Key West? My first cruise on the Scarlet Lady in October 2021 ended up being switched to Nassau. Thanks in advance for any insight...

9 hours ago, neverendingcruising said:

Our April 20 sailing was switched to Nassau

7 hours ago, drewdawg199 said:

Voyages through May were changed to Nassau, still waiting to hear about June.  As far as I know, VV has not called at Key West yet ever.

Thanks for your replies... I still have not heard anything from VV about the June first sailing. Typical, unfortunately for them. Their communication is basically non-existent.

16 hours ago, keels81 said:

I was looking at booking over 4th of July Weekend and they've changed Key West to Costa Maya.

where do you see that?  i'm still showing key west for 6/29-7/3, and 7/3-7/8 was always costa maya

• 3 months later...

I would avoid this cruise if you're expecting to dock in Key West.  

My sailing was changed from Key West to Nassa a week before the cruise.  I cancelled my booking but Virgin wouldn't refund my payment.  It was put in cruise credit but I won't book with them again.

On 5/2/2022 at 7:36 AM, sid_9169 said:

Thanks for your replies... I still have not heard anything from VV about the June first sailing. Typical, unfortunately for them. Their communication is basically non-existent.

Why does VV advertise Key West when they know they are not going there.  Key West prohibits ships over 1500 passengers. 

31 minutes ago, raphael360 said:

Why does VV advertise Key West when they know they are not going there.  Key West prohibits ships over 1500 passengers. 

When sailing below capacity, as they have been lately, they're allowed to port in Key West. I was there on the Scarlet Lady a couple of months ago.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

When sailing below capacity, as they have been lately, they're allowed to port in Key West. I was there on the Scarlet Lady a couple of months ago.

That makes perfect sense based on Key West's 1500 passenger maximum restriction. But it also makes it a crap shoot if Key West is important.  I only booked my specific cruise because Key West was one of the ports of call.  I LOVE Key West but Hate Nassau.  Having been to Nassau over 25 times, mostly for work, I found it to be one of the most dangerous cities in the Carrebbean.

My cruise itinerary got changed about 2 weeks out.  I guess the 1501 person booked a room. I requested a refund VV because it wasn't the itinerary I signed up for and they told me they could and would change the itinerary any time they wanted.  I was told to read the fine print and "No refund for YOU".

Having sailed over 500 days on almost 10 different cruise lines (see my signature below), I've had my port of call change on multiple occasions mostly for weather.  This was my first attempt to cruise again after Covid so I thought I'd dip my toe back into the water with a 4 day and see Key West.

On 8/27/2022 at 6:07 PM, raphael360 said:

They still go to Key West - they've gone since June, and I was on in July and went to Key West.  There is one voyage that I'm aware of that has moved to Nassau (January 2-6, 2023), and that is apparently due to there already being a ship scheduled in port that day.  Wondering if that's the residential ship that comes to KW every now & then.  Otherwise, it's still all Key West.

On 8/28/2022 at 7:29 AM, raphael360 said:

My cruise itinerary got changed about 2 weeks out.  I guess the 1501 person booked a room. I requested a refund VV because it wasn't the itinerary I signed up for and they told me they could and would change the itinerary any time they wanted.  I was told to read the fine print and "No refund for YOU".

That's the norm for the industry.

Itineraries change every day.

The only refund/credit you are due are the port charges for Key West.

I was on the 7/27/22 4 nt Scarlet Lady sailing and we docked at the Front St Pier as scheduled. It was an extremely hot & humid day so I just stayed onboard and enjoyed the ship considering it was only a 4-nighter.