Farcus Inspired Excel Ship

tx121

I am fine and dandy with the changes. I have sailed rci once and loved the design and cosmetic touches ot the ship.

The reason I have sailed carnival every other cruise is because I love carnivals concept. Rci for me is boring.

It is great to have a carnival ship possibly Come close to the design of an rci ship but with all the upsides I enjoy on a carnival cruise.

5 hours ago, Rudyard said:

Farcus designed Dream. He wasn't the lead designer on Magic but did have some input. Breeze was the first Farcus free ship. 

Didn't realize he was involved with the first two Dream Class ships.  Never sailed on them.

On 5/2/2022 at 9:19 AM, kwokpot said:

I'm surprised you would say that. Transferring that to a land vacation,would you rather stay at a Motel 6 or the Four Seasons Hotel? Do you feel they're the same thing? 

Or looking at it another way, would you prefer to stay at hotel which is brand new or one that hasn't been renovated for 15 years?

You're discussing quality. I'm discussing style. If it was new stuff of similar quality in a new hotel, but in a style from 15 years ago, no it wouldn't bother me much compared to new stuff in a new hotel with a modern style.

On 5/2/2022 at 9:24 AM, mz-s said:

Absolute non sequitur. There are plenty of differences between a Motel 6 and a Four Seasons. We are just talking about decor here.

The implication is that decor isn't part of the ambiance and decision making process of where one stays for a vacation? Have you been on the Celebrity board where there are many people who despise the interior design of the Edge Class ships? They literally won't book a cruise on those ships solely because of the interior design. I think you're underestimating the importance of Interior design as a part of the vacation experience. 

• Like 1

On 5/1/2022 at 6:58 AM, Aplmac said:

You didn't like the fish??  ....Awwww... he had yellow eyes!

Fish-485.jpg

FishEye-356.jpg

"He had yellow eyes, so help me, YELLOW EYES!"   😄 

--with apologies to Ralphie

• Haha 1

I agree with the concept of the Farcus touch. I've always believed that every room needs a touch of "Wow" factor. I think we already have that with the Mardi Gras and  I hope that the next ship doesn't go back to "Tone it Down Taupe" or "Bore us all Brown" in order to show that they have class. I personally love the "take my breath away" pictures on the Mardi Gras and consider it an updated for the 2020's Farcus look. [and yeah, I remember there was zaniness in the fantasy class ships .my favorite was Elation] but there was plenty of WOW!

• Like 1

The beigeified era will eventually move back to something more colorful once again. It’s a cycle. There will be creative designers, perhaps some who even now, as children, see in the Farcus ships their inspiration for a time to come. Will there be giant neon Medusa heads in a nightclub? Not exactly, but some sort of excess will bring a new wow factor.

But we’re still mostly in the age of neutrals and I don’t think anything else is a good business decision for the foreseeable future. Plus there’s little point in a back-to theme until the last Joe ship is retired. You don’t go back if you haven’t left yet.

• Like 2