Be Careful using "Change my Stateroom" under Cruise Management on Celebrity website

fourrowdys

Just a word of caution!  We have a B2B booked on Apex in June.  I had Sky Suites booked for both legs.  I saw that a Celebrity Suite was available for one of the legs so I went to Manage my Cruise on the the Celebrity website and clicked "Change my Stateroom". I chose the Celebrity Suite.  The next page asked for payment and I did that. This was about 3 weeks ago.  I had not received a revised Booking Confirmation - Guest Copy, so called Celebrity today to request one -- just to have a hard copy.  In the course of the conversation I was told that I had booked under a  booking code that had NO suite benefits -- I also lost the $900.00 onboard credit that I had!  I now have the same benefits as an inside cabin. At no time was I warned that upgrading my cabin would take away all benefits. Needless to say I protested up the chain with no positive result.  Celebrity "understands that I am frustrated".  That is an understatement.  My husband and I have cruised in suites on Celebrity for many years.  These two cruises will our last with Celebrity. You might want to check your booking if you changed staterooms through the website!

• Thanks 2

I'm sorry this happened.  I am rather old school and i don't book any cruise on-line be it Celebrity or another line.  There are so many promotions, inclusions, exclusions and that I use a TA 95% of the time and when I do book direct I always do it over the phone and get the confirmation before I hang up.   You just reinforced that I should stick with  not booking on-line.

I hope you  enjoy your B2B inspite of this.  We were on the Apex last week and it is beautiful.  The Retreat Lounge is very nice and you can get drinks there at no charge and carry a glass of wine down to Luminae to enljoy with your meal isn't a problem.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sadly,  I usually call as well.  We happened to be on an Oceania cruise at the time -- which by the way was fabulous and will be our cruise line of choice in the future -- and it wasn't convenient to call!  Lesson learned-- on soooo many levels.  

I guess what bothers me is if you have sailed a fair amount in suites and they treated you this way, why be loyal.

I am hearing more and more negative about X than ever before.   

I also do not think the IT dept has things setup to say what all changes will happen if you click on a button. Sounds sneaky.   Perks come and perks disappear and where and why.

Personally I think perks should be linked to points collected and not be taken away just for changing a room.  

1 hour ago, fourrowdys said:

Just a word of caution!  We have a B2B booked on Apex in June.  I had Sky Suites booked for both legs.  I saw that a Celebrity Suite was available for one of the legs so I went to Manage my Cruise on the the Celebrity website and clicked "Change my Stateroom". I chose the Celebrity Suite.  The next page asked for payment and I did that. This was about 3 weeks ago.  I had not received a revised Booking Confirmation - Guest Copy, so called Celebrity today to request one -- just to have a hard copy.  In the course of the conversation I was told that I had booked under a  booking code that had NO suite benefits -- I also lost the $900.00 onboard credit that I had!  I now have the same benefits as an inside cabin. At no time was I warned that upgrading my cabin would take away all benefits. Needless to say I protested up the chain with no positive result.  Celebrity "understands that I am frustrated".  That is an understatement.  My husband and I have cruised in suites on Celebrity for many years.  These two cruises will our last with Celebrity. You might want to check your booking if you changed staterooms through the website!

I am really sorry for this frustrating moment for you and you husband. I also would be spitting bullets.... Thank-you for sharing this experience and warning to us. I will keep it in mind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fourrowdys said:

Sadly,  I usually call as well.  We happened to be on an Oceania cruise at the time -- which by the way was fabulous and will be our cruise line of choice in the future -- and it wasn't convenient to call!  Lesson learned-- on soooo many levels.  

Why the change?

I realized this when reviewing the quote before clicking on accept the change. Changing the cabin in cruise management changes you from a refundable deposit to a NON-REFUNDABLE deposit and without perks package, it does not give you the option to choose what type of deposit you want and what perks package (Always included or Elevate or Indulge). After this I always call to make a change and before I say YES check the quoted amount, type of deposit and Perks package included.

Replying to Peanut Head - We have sailed with Celebrity so many times over the years, we just decided to try something new!  We were not unhappy with Celebrity …..until now.   We also sailed Viking Ocean 3 months ago- also very nice - but the food on Oceania was heads above any “cruise food” we have ever had.  Oceania spends more money on food than any cruise line and it shows. Just wonderful- service was also outstanding- as was our suite and butler.  So- with our recent experience with Celebrity we’re happy to have a “new cruise line”!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1