John Barron

Focused1

Odyssey had its hull prepared and painted. Any other improvements done might only have been technical.

I did hear that some furnishings due in Curacao did not arrive on time and they will be added in Vancouver.

In the meantime, I hope that ongoing routine maintenance on exterior rust etc continues apace. My biggest criticism on my post cruise survey was about the deck chairs around the pool and deck 5. They are very tired and shabby now, and probably are the originals from the launch 12+ years ago.

But the Odyssey otherwise delivers. The crew is fantastic: warm, engaging, can-do and happy to be back. It seems to have been spared much Covid this season during its Caribbean cruises, unlike the Ovation with its US ports. 

Happy and healthy sailing!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We sailed several weeks on the Odyssey back in 2019. We love the ship and  have NZ to Bali booked next year. Totally agree the chairs needed updating around the pool. We missed the padded chairs we have had on other cruise lines. Other then that we can’t say enough good things about both Seabourn and the Odyssey.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Well I remember John Barron from Regent, and would love to sail with him on Quest!

We are on Quest next year Dover to Montreal….why don’t you join us? 

4 hours ago, Emdee said:

We are on Quest next year Dover to Montreal….why don’t you join us? 

We are on Quest shortly after you next year, Emdee, Montreal to NYC at the end of September. Do you think John will still be onboard? I don't know how long Seabourn CD contracts last on a given ship, but from the enthusiasm on this thread, I hope he will still be on as CD. Thx.

-- MJ