John Barron

Focused1

His LinkedIn profile lists:

John Barron

Presenter / Singer

Gateshead, England, United Kingdom

Cruise Director 

Seabourn Cruise Line · Full-time Seabourn Cruise Line · Full-time Apr 2022 - Present · 1 mo

That's all I know

He has recently been with Regent for some time - he was the CD on the inaugural cruise of the first of the new ultra-blingy ships.  I watched, out of curiosity, the programmes on TV about the build of the most expensive cruise ship in the world, or however they described it.  I am afraid I found it a bit OTT, as  what everything cost seemed to be the most important factor.  JB  featured largely in these programmes.  However, he has obviously felt he would like to go  back to Seabourn.   He seems to be a bit marmite, most people loving him, but by no means everyone, particularly on Seabourn, with a slightly different ambiance to Regent.

• Like 1

John was the best cruise director that Regent had, very down to earth and very funny, as well as a great singer. Seabourn are very lucky to have him back and Regent very foolish to have let him go. We would join a cruise specifically if John was cruise director. 

• Like 2

I am happy to see John again on Quest. I remember his days at Seabourn before he traipsed off to Regent years ago. I assume, safely I am sure, that he has matured greatly, and this makes the prospect even sunnier.

BTW, I have yet to try Regent. That glitzy new ship video review from a couple of years ago which included enough crystal and other OTT bling to sink a shopping mall in Dubai, and the customers onboard who were so impressed by it, certainly did not attract me. John was in the video, and I imagine he believed in that Regent vibe or else he just played along. Not to my taste at all. I wish him luck at Seabourn, which still seems to sustain its egalitarian and relaxed one class ship Norwegian roots apart, of course, from its pretentious and space-wasting Retreat areas which thankfully are only on Encore and Ovation.

Happy and healthy sailing!

47 minutes ago, markham said:

I am happy to see John again on Quest. I remember his days at Seabourn before he traipsed off to Regent years ago. I assume, safely I am sure, that he has matured greatly, and this makes the prospect even sunnier.

BTW, I have yet to try Regent. That glitzy new ship video review from a couple of years ago which included enough crystal and other OTT bling to sink a shopping mall in Dubai, and the customers onboard who were so impressed by it, certainly did not attract me. John was in the video, and I imagine he believed in that Regent vibe or else he just played along. Not to my taste at all. I wish him luck at Seabourn, which still seems to sustain its egalitarian and relaxed one class ship Norwegian roots apart, of course, from its pretentious and space-wasting Retreat areas which thankfully are only on Encore and Ovation.

Hi Markham how are you?

I'm in Crete enjoying the sun.

Will be on Encore August 7th

Hope the Quest is looking after you well.

Mr Luxury,

Markham is fine and just back from the Ody post-dry dock cruise, Aruba to Miami. Our next Seabourn cruise will be on Quest circumnavigating South America including Antarctica and South Georgia starting in January. Which is (gulp) 8 months from now. And rest assured that I will keep a watchful eye over John to ensure that he strictly adheres to Seabourn standards. No slippage relating to his time on that other cruise line, such as it is, will be tolerated.

I hope to see you in 2023!

On 4/30/2022 at 8:47 AM, markham said:

No need to try Regent. Seabourn is better

Apologies - I posted this 3 times because it kept being 'hidden'.  I can't imagine what was wrong with it - anyone any ideas?  No rude words, surely no objection to mention of that Captain?

2 hours ago, rucrazy said:

must have been on your end .. I say the first time you posted...

I assume you mean 'saw', not 'say'?   I am afraid I am too ignorant to understand how CC works. and why it would come up as hidden in a pink colour on my screen.  It is a mystery to me.  However, not very important.

On 4/30/2022 at 12:48 PM, markham said:

Markham is fine and just back from the Ody post-dry dock cruise, Aruba to Miami.

@markham I may have missed this in another thread, but I'm curious if you can share what was done to the Odyssey in drydock. We sailed on her twice on the past year and fortunately didn't find things run down, so I'm wondering if this was just standard hull cleaning/inspection and minor hotel-side maintenance, of if there were any more major changes implemented. Thanks.