Weather at sea in May?

KCMiller

I'm on a ten day cruise soon, leaving from NYC and going to Newport, Charleston and Bermuda.  This is my first New England cruise, and I'd love some advice on what to wear - I don't have a good idea of how cold it gets at sea in May.  Packing for this one is sure different from going to the Caribbean!  I think I'm going to leave most of my sun dresses behind!

TIA for the advice,

KC

7 minutes ago, KCMiller said:

I'm on a ten day cruise soon, leaving from NYC and going to Newport, Charleston and Bermuda.  This is my first New England cruise, and I'd love some advice on what to wear - I don't have a good idea of how cold it gets at sea in May.  Packing for this one is sure different from going to the Caribbean!  I think I'm going to leave most of my sun dresses behind!

TIA for the advice,

KC

In general- Expect cool days and nights at sea for the northeast part of the cruise.   Newport might be mild but also could be cool.  Charleston will likely be warm, possibly even humid.  Bermuda will be pleasant and warm. 

Usually May is warm with cooler nights in NJ where you embark.   Newport is north and is likely cool. Bought sweatshirts in Newport.  Nice souvenir. I have sailed to Bermuda many times.  It’s a nice cruise in May.  Since schools are still in session, you will not have many kids on the ship. Weather in Bermuda is great for sightseeing.  70s with a breeze.  May is less crowded than during the summer.  A sweatshirt or light jacket might come in handy.  I pack a mix of long pants, shorts, short sleeved shirts, etc.  take a bathing suit. You may get a warm day and want to sit at the pool or go to a lovely pink beach.  You will a great time. Bermuda is beautiful.  I have never been to Charleston.  Since it is the most southern place on your cruise, expect warmer weather. Enjoy!