Final payment -- online or call Celebrity

CruisinNole

I know this sounds like a new cruiser question but this is the first time in over 30 years that I am making final payment for a cruise and not using either a TA or Celebrity Vacation Planner. We booked a cruise while on a cruise and since we've not been pleased lately with our long time online TA decided to not transfer the booking. And we haven't used a CVP in years. Anyone have issues making final payment online knowing that Celebrity's website leaves a lot to be desired. Or is it best to call?

TIA

All of our on line payments have been process correctly and without an issue.  But calling can also provide a way to be sure the payment is processed.  Just be certain to have the rep email an updated booking confirmation showing the payment and $0 balance due.  That typically can be done while you are on with them to confirm the receipt of the email.  And also be prepared for what is likely to be a long hold time on the phone - 45-60minutes+ is typical these days.

• Like 1

Paying online is easy.  We receive immediate notifications from our CC companies when we make a transaction so we know the payment was processed. When we hear the "ding" we can start packing!!! Sometimes I email our Travel Planner and ask for an updated invoice, but I don't feel it is necessary if reflected as zero balance due under "Manage Reservation".

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2022 at 12:20 PM, cw2go said:

I always pay online and about a week early. 

Hi,

Could you please give me the Celebrity website that you use.

I can't seem to find it in their menu or their search engine.

It is buried somewhere on their site.

I have found RCL's final payment site BUT NOT Celebrity.

THANKS

Bill

33 minutes ago, BP99 said:

Hi,

Could you please give me the Celebrity website that you use.

I can't seem to find it in their menu or their search engine.

It is buried somewhere on their site.

I have found RCL's final payment site BUT NOT Celebrity.

THANKS

Bill

It's under manage your reservation directly on Celebrity's site. You make payments and purchases there. 

Patty

1 hour ago, ev8876 said:

Does anyone know if you can split the final payment due on 2 different credit cards online?  I know you can over the phone.  Thanks.  

I just paid my final payment online but didn't see that option. I wonder if you could make a partial payment on one credit card and then go back in and pay the balance of the final payment with a second credit card. Do two separate transactions.

Edited by CruisinNole

2 hours ago, ev8876 said:

Does anyone know if you can split the final payment due on 2 different credit cards online?  I know you can over the phone.  Thanks.  

You can use multiple cards online.  When you pay online, you enter the amount you want to pay and then enter your CC information.  So if you wanted to do 50% of the fee on one card, you would enter that amount and continue with the first CC's information.  After that transaction has completed, you would go back in and enter the remainder of the amount on the other card. 

Edited to add:  I just did this the other week and it was easy to do online.

Edited by Mangrove Snapper

I just payed my balance over the phone for an August cruise …. and got a few questions answered as well as a lovely repricing!  no problem .  Received Email confirmation/receipt immediately.

As for long wait times…try calling very early AM or late evening and you may have less wait time.   FYI…during long waiting,  I put my phone on speaker and go about doing things within earshot while waiting… good time management?   Just be sure your phone is plugged into your charger 🤣🤣

3 hours ago, cw2go said:

It's under manage your reservation directly on Celebrity's site. You make payments and purchases there. 

Patty

I have 5 reservations with Celebrity.  Using Celebrity's website none of them shows me what I owe, when final payment is, and does not give me an option to pay online.  I used to see all this information online but no more.  Does anyone know how to see any of this information through my planner.

Edited by wv4891

2 minutes ago, wv4891 said:

I have 5 reservations with Celebrity.  Using Celebrity's website none of them shows me what I owe, when final payment is, and does not give me an option to pay online.  I used to see all this information online but no more.  Do anyone know how to see any of this information through my planner.

When you log on, select "Manage Reservation" under the cruise you wish to view.  When it opens, scroll down to the reservation number.  There should be a blue link for "Reservation Details."  Click on this.

This will open up your reservation details.  At the bottom, it will show any payments already made and the balance due.  There should be a button which displays as "Pay Balance" right under the balance due.  To the left of this button, it should show the due date.

• Like 1

Roupa,

Funny we do the same thing put the phone on speaker and go do other things. We tried calling about an hour ago but was on hold for 35 minutes and just gave up. Ran out of other things to do while waiting. So will try tomorrow morning as suggested.

We always call and pay with a credit card.

4 minutes ago, Mangrove Snapper said:

When you log on, select "Manage Reservation" under the cruise you wish to view.  When it opens, scroll down to the reservation number.  There should be a blue link for "Reservation Details."  Click on this.

This will open up your reservation details.  At the bottom, it will show any payments already made and the balance due.  There should be a button which displays as "Pay Balance" right under the balance due.  To the left of this button, it should show the due date.

Thanks for the information.  But no, there is no payment details or balance due on any of my reservations.  Also no Pay Balance button.

All my reservations were booked with the Blue Chip Club, perhaps that may have something to do with it now.

3 minutes ago, wv4891 said:

Thanks for the information.  But no, there is no payment details or balance due on any of my reservations.  Also no Pay Balance button.

All my reservations were booked with the Blue Chip Club, perhaps that may have something to do with it now.

That's possible.  I would definitely want to know all of the due dates, too!

• 3 months later...

I booked with on of the big box online TAs.  There is no online payment details or pay button.  I guess with some TAs, they want to handle the payments, even though I believe celebrity still actually processes and handles the money.

On 5/9/2022 at 2:03 PM, wv4891 said:

I have Blue Chip bookings as well.  The Pay Balance option used to be there and then it disappeared months ago.  I called and was told they'd put in a request to IT.  Still nothing weeks later.  I called again, and nothing.   About two weeks before final payment the Pay Balance option showed back up.  We were able to enter all of the payment details but when we hit submit, it gave an error code.  Four of us, two reservations...same thing.  Had to call to make payment.  Explained the situation and was told payments couldn't be made online.  ?!?   

The balance due and due date always showed though.

🍹

Edited by PinkSandGirl