Live Cruising Review Oasis of the Seas 5/1/22 - 5/8/22 Lots of Pictures!

4 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

But why is the water sometimes a bit warmer there? 🤔

No… the swim up floating bar at south beach you have swim to it and climb up to get to the bar … if you do all that work you might as well stay for a bit!

10 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

so good that I don’t think specialty dinning is worth it on this ship… so far!

Your opinion is skewed because you love Hooked and Wonderland so much and neither of those venues are on the Oasis, right Benny?

7 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

No… the swim up floating bar at south beach you have swim to it and climb up to get to the bar … if you do all that work you might as well stay for a bit!

I was referring to the swim up bar at the big pool.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Your opinion is skewed because you love Hooked and Wonderland so much and neither of those venues are on the Oasis, right Benny?

Yes… they lack Wonderland and Hooked.  Now portside is operating under weird hours along with JR and the price for UDP gone up in my opinion it’s not worth it at the current price.  However I would gladly buy it on Symphony as long as it is around $200.

29 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

This is my third week on the Oasis this year and the food has been consistently good … so good that I don’t think specialty dinning is worth it on this ship… so far!

I am impressed by the spread at DL.  Anthem had a decent spread but looks like better.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am impressed by the spread at DL.  Anthem had a decent spread but looks like better.  

I too am impressed with the spread … they constantly replenish the food.  There is two food servers and three bar servers in the lounge.  It’s crazy good!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

I too am impressed with the spread … they constantly replenish the food.  There is two food servers and three bar servers in the lounge.  It’s crazy good!

So nice to see this.

Can't wait to go on Oasis again. One of our favorite ships.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

Also please please please do try it if you have never been on Oasis class ships before or want to try all the specialty restaurants onboard because it is still a good value to use the UDP.  As you know I have already done it and the complimentary offerings on the ship is solid so it is skewed …

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, LATTELOVE said:

So nice to see this.

Can't wait to go on Oasis again. One of our favorite ships.

You will have an amazing time… let’s just hope the poaching of the staff stops so that each ship can shine!

• Like 3

Sitting in the Aquatheatre waiting for Phoenix and I looked up:

A6E8E755-5527-4C5B-91A9-3A0A4A32ACE3.jpeg

Here is a panoramic of the Aquatheatre: 

F31BE52F-61F0-4507-ADC2-BF30EB32A31C.jpeg

Oh, and Makers Mark appeared in the Suite Lounge. The investigation will re-commence tomorrow. Planning to stay on the ship.

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 5

Another entertainment fail::

They can’t get the sound to work in the Aquatheatre so the Phoenix show tonight is cancelled!!!  

They are in Music Hall twice more, but that venue is not good, in my opinion. 

Ugh!

mac_tlc

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

They can’t get the sound to work in the Aquatheatre so the Phoenix show tonight is cancelled!!!  

Ugh!

mac_tlc

You beat me to the punch … 😝 The aqua theater is jinxed on this cruise!!

Day 4

Tiffany’s is gone for good!  Little green box no more on the Oasis … it will be replaced by one of the Kardashian … I don’t remember which one the person said!  The beach shop also is also being transformed … into more environmental friendly goods.  They also don’t have enough products for the stores!

@BennyBrun

I know you said you don't want to hang out too much at AO due to no kids, but we are sailing Sep 25 and I'd really like to know if the my family time (first seating, kids get taken in ~45 minutes to AO directly) is in operation, and if not, do they have any idea when that may resume?  We want to try this for the first time due to the kids being old enough to actually go to the MDR instead of just having WJ food all the time but they still might protest at sitting through the whole dinner (and they want to go back to AO to see their friends).  Thank you so much for all the information you're sending back as well!

44 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Ugh!

mac_tlc

I'd be dissappointed too.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, abkl said:

@BennyBrun

I know you said you don't want to hang out too much at AO due to no kids, but we are sailing Sep 25 and I'd really like to know if the my family time (first seating, kids get taken in ~45 minutes to AO directly) is in operation, and if not, do they have any idea when that may resume?  We want to try this for the first time due to the kids being old enough to actually go to the MDR instead of just having WJ food all the time but they still might protest at sitting through the whole dinner (and they want to go back to AO to see their friends).  Thank you so much for all the information you're sending back as well!

Adventure Ocean is open and if you go back to Day 2 of this post I posted the hours of operation.  It’s not continuous, it’s broken down to 3 sections.  After hours it’s $7.00 per hour until 1AM if I recall correctly!  I hope this helps.

57 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 4

Tiffany’s is gone for good!  Little green box no more on the Oasis … it will be replaced by one of the Kardashian … I don’t remember which one the person said!  The beach shop also is also being transformed … into more environmental friendly goods.  They also don’t have enough products for the stores!

Just no 😡  Who thought that was a good idea??

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, jk04 said:

Just no 😡  Who thought that was a good idea??

Not me… apparently they closed the store last week.  I also asked, they won’t be having a clearance close out sale either 😂