Circumnavigation Australia 2024

Looking to Circumnavigate Australia in 2024, hopefully  things should be settled by then. Looking at Princess and P&O. Normally Princess cruiser but done a couple of cruises with P&O. 

Feb 2024, Inside stateroom sold out, people recommend 2nd sailing in the year, October? any idea when details will be available  as I know they book up really quickly.

Not sure how I will cope with P& O for 32 days, knew the Explorer when it was Dawn Princess 

Sorry such a rambling post, really confused and need help.

Thanks Anjo.

• Like 1

Most people seem to recommend October cruise as they say the weather is better. Made an enquiry with Princess planner yesterday about Feb and she said she can put me on Waitlist for inside. She said our FCC would be ok for deposit but then asked for $1400 by 14 May.? 

5 minutes ago, anjo said:

Most people seem to recommend October cruise as they say the weather is better. Made an enquiry with Princess planner yesterday about Feb and she said she can put me on Waitlist for inside. She said our FCC would be ok for deposit but then asked for $1400 by 14 May.? 

I wouldn't be paying if I was simply on a waitlist. Did you ask your Planner when the October cruise might go on sale?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, anjo said:

Looking to Circumnavigate Australia in 2024, hopefully  things should be settled by then. Looking at Princess and P&O. Normally Princess cruiser but done a couple of cruises with P&O. 

Feb 2024, Inside stateroom sold out, people recommend 2nd sailing in the year, October? any idea when details will be available  as I know they book up really quickly.

Not sure how I will cope with P& O for 32 days, knew the Explorer when it was Dawn Princess 

Sorry such a rambling post, really confused and need help.

Thanks Anjo.

We are booked Feb 2024 on princess along with 12 other friends on contacts (as in n 13 cabins booked). We waitlisted in the October 2022 one and ended up getting a guaranteed inside but continued to waitlisted for balcony which came up 3 weeks ago. Just yesterday I saw balconies on sale at cheaper category, contacted our PvP and swapped our balcony fir a different one and saved $700 each. There were about 6 balconies emerald deck available.

if that’s too early for you I’d def waitlist for 2024

4 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

I wouldn't be paying if I was simply on a waitlist. Did you ask your Planner when the October cruise might go on sale?

Our waitlist was $100 each. Nothing more til guarantee came through.

14 hours ago, anjo said:

May have caused some confusion here.Sorry. Got excited talking to PVP and ended up booking Oceanview with waitlist for Inside on Feb 2024 cruise. It was a Future Cruise Deposit that she said was ok as deposit (not Future Cruise Credit), then needed $1400 by 14th May. Am going to go back,cancel, and wait for details for October cruise which suits us better.  Still wondering about P&O round Australia June 2024 which I can book for $49pp. Jst not keen to tie up money, have Cruise cancelled, and go down the refund road. Been there with I------ Cruising. Thanks Anjo.

I suggest that October is the best month for an around Australia cruise. In February it would be very humid and most likely wet in the far north and in June, it would be wet and very cold in the south with the likelihood of rough weather in the Great Aust Bight.

1 hour ago, dillpickle48 said:

Agree with Aus Traveller, October is definitely the best time for a circumnavigation. Done it a couple of times. Even then heat and humidity can still be high up north but better than summer cruising.

I guess I’ll find out as we are doing October this year and then February 2024 both circumnavigating Australia.