The Daily for Saturday 04/30/2022

richwmn

@kazuJacqui although we have never met in person I have followed you here on Cruice Critic for many years and I feel like I should know both you and Jose. Although it is impossible to know how another person feels; I was walking in those same shoes 7 years ago and I do know it is devastating. Thank goodness you have been getting all of the legal and financial affairs in order.  I pray that Jose can be kept comfortable during his remaining time. For yourself you may need to reach out to your primary doctor and your minister or priest for some help and a bit of counseling. I know that I needed both. And sometimes just going outside and standing in the sunshine helped. My heart is bleeding for you.

Jane

• Like 26

Haven't posted in several days.  I was so sad when reading today's Daily.

@kazu, I join with all others in prayers and sending virtual hugs.  As one who has walked this route, cherish each precious moment that you have with your beloved!  Know that you have stood by your Jose through this most difficult time.  May you both have peace.

@Cruzin Terri , I totally understand your fatigue.  Just take care of yourself and allow your body to heal.  I had 3-4 weeks of unbelievable fatigue, but it will go away in time.  I know missing sites you had planned to see is disappointing, but just enjoy the sunshine and the good things you can on your ship!

Continued prayers for all on the Cares List.

Mary Kay

• Like 13

3 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

The food pantry ended in January due to lack of interest and need  . The dinners ended when Covid arrived. 
The partnership with Lititz has ended by mutual agreement. Technically we became members of Lititz 5 years ago when the outreach started . Some members will continue to worship at Lititz, others elsewhere. We were not aligned with any other church in Reading.

Just curious how you are aware of all this information? Are you a former Lititz resident? Thanks 🙏❤️

Thanks for the response. I work with an organization, called Village Missions, that serves churches around the United States and Canada. VM helps many churches that would have otherwise had to close. I looked up Reading Monrovia when you mentioned that tomorrow would be the last day for services prior to the church of 108 years closing. It always grieves me when I hear of churches shuttering, although I realize that they have a lifespan like any other living organism. 

I have never lived in PA, but our daughter attended Messiah College in Grantham. I love the feeling of Cumberland County and Lancaster County and the deep spiritual roots that are evident there, especially in the more rural areas.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Jacqui, I sent you an email because I posted very early this morning and just came back to read now. My heart aches for you and Jose. I can't imagine how  incredibly difficult this has to be for you after these awful months of hoping and praying and planning for him. My thought and prayers are with you during this time. All of us on this board are here for you and I hope you can find a minister or counselor to talk to because it does help. 

• Like 10