Rapid Antigen Test

I'm getting confused again. CVS says their rapid tests may not be accepted for travel while Walgreens says their rapid NAAT test is accepted for most travel. We have made an appointment for this Thursday at Walgreens for a 'Rapid NAAT' test. Is that OK with Royal?

• Like 1

Just now, shof515 said:

Where do you see that?

On this page: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-need-an-rt-pcr-test-before-i-cruise-where-should-i-go it says a rapid antigen test is acceptable

On the CruiseCritic FAQ for Royal Caribbean. Rapid Antigen is not accepted anywhere any more. You will not find a Walgreens or CVS that has Rapid ANtigen.

1 minute ago, acesneights99 said:

On the CruiseCritic FAQ for Royal Caribbean. Rapid Antigen is not accepted anywhere any more. You will not find a Walgreens or CVS that has Rapid ANtigen.

And on the Royal Caribbean link above it is listed as acceptable.

Just because you may not be able to find one doesn't make it an invalid option.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, boozrcruzr said:

By Royal? We have two schedueled at a local health department on Friday for a Sunday sail date.

the rapid tests are absolutely acceptable and always have been!!

• Like 2

RAPID NAAT is only rapid test acceptable. Always turned to never a few weeks ago for rapid antigen for US departures.

Please answer the question as to where you are getting your information. You’ve made this statement twice. Evidence has been provided that your statement is incorrect. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, acesneights99 said:

RAPID NAAT is only rapid test acceptable. Always turned to never a few weeks ago for rapid antigen for US departures.

Taken directly from the Royal Healthy Sail requirements…..if you are sailing from the US you may do a PCR or  any type of ANTIGEN test!!

7699B293-742C-41EA-BDAE-8A3622F3307E.png

Edited by GTO-Girl
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, GTO-Girl said:

Taken directly from the Royal Healthy Sail requirements…..if you are sailing from the US you may do a PCR or ANTIGEN test

7699B293-742C-41EA-BDAE-8A3622F3307E.png

That is for unvaccinated kids 2 to 11. Sheesh. 

• Haha 1

You are correct. If you are sailing today, you can use the antigen test. I can't find a Walgreens or CVS that still offers antigen tests. If you do an antigen test you are at risk for it being unacceptable by time you board. I certainly wouldn't gamble on antigen test

If you do an antigen test you are at risk for it being unacceptable by time you board  

There’s a better chance that RCI will drop test requirements altogether before they stop accepting antigen tests. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, acesneights99 said:

You are correct. If you are sailing today, you can use the antigen test. I can't find a Walgreens or CVS that still offers antigen tests. If you do an antigen test you are at risk for it being unacceptable by time you board. I certainly wouldn't gamble on antigen test

where are you getting this information?  It is certainly not on the Royal website.  It clearly says a vaccinated person may do a PCR or an antigen (rapid) test….

Even the home  “proctored” test that Royal recommends is nothing more than a RAPID test done online in front of a live telehealth person.  If they recommend these RAPID tests on their why in the world would you think they wouldn’t accept the same RAPID test performed at a pharmacy???

Edited by GTO-Girl

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

There’s a better chance that RCI will drop test requirements altogether before they stop accepting antigen tests. 

Rapid antigen tests are moot. They are rapidly becoming unavailable. The PCR NAAT test is just as fast and is accepted everywhere and every CVS and Walgreens has them.

Use Rapid Antigen at your own risk and if you buy them, they may become useless by time you sail. When it was 2-3 days for PCR vs. 2 hours for antigen it was a no-brainer. Now NAAT is the no brainer.

7 minutes ago, acesneights99 said:

It states on the rccl website that antigen tests are acceptable.  

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, acesneights99 said:

The PCR NAAT test is just as fast and is accepted everywhere and every CVS and Walgreens has them.

There are lots of places which perform test outside of the CVS and Walgreens universe - many of them still offer antigen.

Also, a third of fleet will be outside of the US for the next several months - no CVS/Walgreens there.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1