Britannia Laundrettes

smj777

I'm on board at the moment and as far as I can tell they are not available, however I'm not 100% sure 

I think some, if not all, of the launderettes are towards the back of the ship and due to the isolation cabins this has become a difficult area to negotiate. As such we have been avoiding it!

Black tie tonight though so I might have to go in search of an iron.

I was on Britannia in April snd the launderettes were closed due to it being in the isolation area.

However if you do require an iron and ironing board speak to your steward or at reception to arrange for one to have in your room they will let you have it for an hour.

Have great time

Yes, just confirmed, @poorer 's information still applies today.

Room steward is on his way with the iron in about 10min, but give yourself at least an hour to be sure.

Edited by tim2go
Autocorrect

We disembarked Britannia on Friday.  All launderettes were closed for our 11 day cruise, as they were all within the quarantine zone.  However when we asked at Reception they said we could have our laundry done free of charge.  We just gave 10 items to our cabin steward each morning and he returned them the next day late afternoon.  This was a life saver for us as a family of 4 who had planned to do some washing on board.  It worked really well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, annarack said:

We just gave 10 items to our cabin steward each morning and he returned them the next day late afternoon.  This was a life saver for us as a family of 4 who had planned to do some washing on board.  It worked really well.

That’s really good to know, in case this carries on for several months when we get to sail on her.

Normally my OH enjoys using the launderette onboard. But oh the annoyance he has with the lack of laundrette etiquette from some passengers……But curiously he still loves doing the laundry!

Personally, I’d nab a naughty kid and get them to do it as punishment, or threaten a sun lounger abuser that they will be evicted at the next port with nothing to eat but P&O canapés unless they do it….,  but apparently neither is no longer allowed.

Edited by Camberley
  • Like 1

So on Brittania, they are all toward the aft of the ship. We're going on Ventura and some are aft, some forward. Anyone know if one end is open? or if you can get laundry done for free as in post 5?

Simon

On 5/1/2022 at 8:03 PM, annarack said:

We disembarked Britannia on Friday.  All launderettes were closed for our 11 day cruise, as they were all within the quarantine zone.  However when we asked at Reception they said we could have our laundry done free of charge.  We just gave 10 items to our cabin steward each morning and he returned them the next day late afternoon.  This was a life saver for us as a family of 4 who had planned to do some washing on board.  It worked really well.

on same cruise. 

exactly this. Plus asking for iron

On 5/2/2022 at 1:47 PM, sddsddean said:

So on Brittania, they are all toward the aft of the ship. We're going on Ventura and some are aft, some forward. Anyone know if one end is open? or if you can get laundry done for free as in post 5?

Simon

Hi Simon, 

I was on Ventura a couple of weeks ago and the laundrette on the Rivera deck (14) was open. It is towards the aft of the ship but not before the quarantine zone. I assume the same goes for other floors. They had quarantine zones on floors 9 - 14. 

Em

43 minutes ago, AuroraCruiser08 said:

Which laundrettes are open on Britannia. We are on her next cruise. If none are open what does one do? 

One can take ones dirty laundry to a launderette at the next port.

2 hours ago, AuroraCruiser08 said:

Which laundrettes are open on Britannia. We are on her next cruise. If none are open what does one do? 

If you look back earlier in this thread, it seems all the launderettes were closed on Brittania due to their position, but the steward would get your laundry done free of charge. 

If it's just ironing you require, they will bring an iron and board to your cabin for an hour. 

Andy 

16 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

If you look back earlier in this thread, it seems all the launderettes were closed on Brittania due to their position, but the steward would get your laundry done free of charge. 

If it's just ironing you require, they will bring an iron and board to your cabin for an hour. 

Andy 

Thank you. 

• 2 weeks later...

I was on the repositioning Caribbean cruise last November for the first 2 quarters of the cruise all the laundrettes were closed. We were counting on them being open as we were flying and had a weight allowance. We called P&O before we went on the cruise and they confirmed they will be open.

They did reluctantly clean our clothes and eventually opened up one laundrette (possibly after many complaints from me and other passengers).

We are going on Iona next January - does anyone know if their laundrettes are open?  No flying involved with this one so could take two weeks’ worth of clothes I suppose

21 hours ago, lambinator1982 said:

We are going on Iona next January - does anyone know if their laundrettes are open?  No flying involved with this one so could take two weeks’ worth of clothes I suppose

Nobody, not even P&0, will know what will and what will not be open next January on any ship

• Like 1