Any testing required for ports you are going to stop at?

gordylad

4 minutes ago, gordylad said:

Really curious about this if you are on a med cruise and you plan to stop in multiple ports.

Any testing required prior to getting off ship?

tx

There is an A to Z list of port requirements on Cunard website. It seems for up to date vaccinated most med is no test required. 

Check the Celebrity website for individual sailings. Basically, if boosted or second shot is less than 270 days before the end of the cruise (up to date) then only test to board is required. If not boosted or second shot is more than 270 days before the end of the cruise (fully vaccinated) then tests are required at certain ports. It’s all explained on the website and there is a chart showing how many tests will be needed for each individual sailing.

Not the case. Seems that it is your responsibility to be aware of any testing requirements necessary for each port. Celebrity has never informed me about what is required to stop at ports on a cruise. Nor do they list it on their website.  I am sailing to Bermuda. Celebrity hasn’t sent me any info about testing or filing the Bermuda ETA application. I read about it online.  Today, Bermuda tourism sent me an email. I had signed up to get info. It explained what is needed and how to apply online and pay for the entry authorization.  To be safe, since things keep changing, keep checking each port website for updates. Celebrity should inform booked guests.  They don’t.  The lack of communication doesn’t sit well.  I called Celebrity to ask about required testing that must be done 2 days before we dock in Bermuda. The Celebrity rep that I spoke to said to call my TA. Contacted my TA who forwarded my concerns to Celebrity.  No answers yet. Not getting good vibes from the way Celebrity is operating. Just hope my cruise is better organized. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

Check the Celebrity website for individual sailings. Basically, if boosted or second shot is less than 270 days before the end of the cruise (up to date) then only test to board is required. If not boosted or second shot is more than 270 days before the end of the cruise (fully vaccinated) then tests are required at certain ports. It’s all explained on the website and there is a chart showing how many tests will be needed for each individual sailing.

I don't believe that the Celebrity website is complete.  They don't have info in the right places about Bermuda.

The Celebrity website states:

It is your responsibility to identify and obtain all required travel documents and have them available at the pier when necessary. These appropriate valid travel documents such as passports, visas, inoculation certificate and family legal documents are required for boarding and re-entry into the United States and other countries.

If you do not possess the proper documentation you may be prevented from boarding your flight or ship, or from entering a country, and you may be subject to fines. No refunds will be given to individuals who fail to bring proper documentation. Guests on consecutive sailings must ensure they have the proper travel documents for their entire cruise vacation.

2 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

I don't believe that the Celebrity website is complete.  They don't have info in the right places about Bermuda.

The Celebrity website states:

It is your responsibility to identify and obtain all required travel documents and have them available at the pier when necessary. These appropriate valid travel documents such as passports, visas, inoculation certificate and family legal documents are required for boarding and re-entry into the United States and other countries.

If you do not possess the proper documentation you may be prevented from boarding your flight or ship, or from entering a country, and you may be subject to fines. No refunds will be given to individuals who fail to bring proper documentation. Guests on consecutive sailings must ensure they have the proper travel documents for their entire cruise vacation.

The OP asked about the Med. I have no idea about Bermuda

1 minute ago, Purplsmurf said:

The OP asked about the Med. I have no idea about Bermuda

My point is that you CAN'T rely on Celebrity to keep you informed about any country specific requirements, you need to do all the research yourself about the embarkation port and EVERY port of call.