Pinnacle Suite Beware

Brat_18

Heads up, the deck side hot tub in the Pinnacle Suite is broken and awaiting a spare part (sounds like its been unusable for some time).  Additionally the music system that allows you to bluetooth or play music to all the in room speakers is also broken.  

It's a beautiful suite, just beware of these limitations, especially if you are planning on hosting any guests.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Brat_18 said:

Heads up, the deck side hot tub in the Pinnacle Suite is broken and awaiting a spare part (sounds like its been unusable for some time).  Additionally the music system that allows you to bluetooth or play music to all the in room speakers is also broken.  

It's a beautiful suite, just beware of these limitations, especially if you are planning on hosting any guests.

Which ship?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The hot tub on the balcony is the single most important reason we stay in the Pinnacle Suites.  It is so wonderful to come back from a long and tiring shore adventure and hang out by/in the hot tub, perhaps while sipping a drink, and watch the sail-away.  We would be devastated if the hot tub was not working on a cruise.

BTW, just like the lighting and sound systems in the Pinnacle Suite, the electronics in the hot tubs are overly complex.  One time, our hot tub was stuck continuously saying an audible message "The water level is too high", even when the tub was empty.  They sent 3 maintenance guys to fix it including the chief of engineering maintenance.  They were able to reboot the computer in the hot tub by turning off the circuit breaker, while we were at dinner that evening.  Although the problem was kind of silly, I was very impressed with the service we got to fix the problem.

• Like 1

They must be getting parts from the same place as the elevator place on the zuiderdam that takes you to the cabanas.  The pinnacle suite is pricy and I can see that being a disappointing experience for those that shell out that kind of money.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Interesting first post...

But exceptionally important to anyone booked in that particular very expensive cabin. I know I would be more than miffed if I had paid the big bucks and a crucial part of that cabin like the hot tub (not to mention the sound system) was inoperable. Hope OP got compensated appropriately. 

Edited by fatcat04
  • Like 5

Thanks fatcat04, our hope when posting was that anyone who was booked could check the status before boarding and avoid being disappointed. 

We were travelling with two other couples in other staterooms and were comped dinner charges in the Pinnacle Restaurant (I think a value of $49.00 per person).  It was something, but like Torquer mentions in the post above, the hot tub was a main attraction to the suite.

We look forward to trying again sometime.  

• Like 3

I really appreciate your post drawing attention to these glitches. On our last Koningsdam cruise in November all the saunas in the gym were down for the entire week - and had been for some time - not because of Covid but because of a faulty sensor. Power surge problems maybe? These issues are not boosting my confidence in K-dam. Sigh...I know things can happen but you were far kinder than I would have been. Dinner at the Pinnacle doesn't begin to fix it.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Brat_18 said:

Thanks fatcat04, our hope when posting was that anyone who was booked could check the status before boarding and avoid being disappointed. 

We were travelling with two other couples in other staterooms and were comped dinner charges in the Pinnacle Restaurant (I think a value of $49.00 per person).  It was something, but like Torquer mentions in the post above, the hot tub was a main attraction to the suite.

We look forward to trying again sometime.  

I'll be honest, had I booked a hotel SUITE for a week in Vegas let's say that adverted a balcony hot tub and WHEN I ARRIVED was told the hot tub was broken, I'd have expected more than a comped meal however good that meal was. That said, thank you for coming forth and letting us know. In my opinion,  HAL should have done better by you. 

Edited by fatcat04
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Brat_18 said:

We sailed on the Zuiderdam in January 2018.  Our room steward informed us that the Bluetooth part of the music system had been purposely removed during a refurb.  It sounds to me like they're doing it across their fleet.  It was probably our most disappointing Pinacle Suite experience for lots of reasons.  Big hole in the shower cubicle floor.  Large bathtub not functioning properly and difficult to fill.  We had sailed previously on Oosterdam and Westerdam P.S. and loved them, particularly the bluetooth.

We are due to sail on Oosterdam in July from Trieste (formally Venice!!!!) and have had to rebook a new flight as the transfer is supposed to be 3 hours long.  No OBC given for this inconvenience.  Trying not to let it spoil our cruise or the anticipation of it rather.

Thanks for the update.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2022 at 8:05 AM, livinforcruisin said:

We sailed on the Zuiderdam in January 2018.  Our room steward informed us that the Bluetooth part of the music system had been purposely removed during a refurb.  It sounds to me like they're doing it across their fleet.  It was probably our most disappointing Pinacle Suite experience for lots of reasons.  Big hole in the shower cubicle floor.  Large bathtub not functioning properly and difficult to fill.  We had sailed previously on Oosterdam and Westerdam P.S. and loved them, particularly the bluetooth.

We are due to sail on Oosterdam in July from Trieste (formally Venice!!!!) and have had to rebook a new flight as the transfer is supposed to be 3 hours long.  No OBC given for this inconvenience.  Trying not to let it spoil our cruise or the anticipation of it rather.

Thanks for the update.

On the refurbed ships you can do Bluetooth for the whole room system not just the Bose station, but you have to do a little hack. We brought a Bluetooth receiver ($25 on Amazon) and hooked into input number two (marked TV) on the switch unit (top box in the cabinet).  Then where you want to play from Bluetooth you select input 2 on the little wall control units throughout the room and outside.  

• Thanks 1

On 5/12/2022 at 7:03 PM, FlyingCruiser2 said:

On the refurbed ships you can do Bluetooth for the whole room system not just the Bose station, but you have to do a little hack. We brought a Bluetooth receiver ($25 on Amazon) and hooked into input number two (marked TV) on the switch unit (top box in the cabinet).  Then where you want to play from Bluetooth you select input 2 on the little wall control units throughout the room and outside.  

Thanks so much for this information.  We will definitely give it a try in July.

On 5/12/2022 at 1:03 PM, FlyingCruiser2 said:

What brand of receiver did you buy?

51 minutes ago, Rcriley34 said:

What brand of receiver did you buy?

I got the 1Mii B06Pro Long Range Bluetooth Receiver:  https://www.amazon.com/1Mii-Bluetooth-Receiver-Wireless-Surround/dp/B07KTK8YP3/ref=sr_1_5?crid=2OQALYOOWM6U8&keywords=bluetooth+receiver+for+home+stereo&qid=1652722101&sprefix=blutooth+receiver+%2Caps%2C117&sr=8-5

It had the range to pick up my iphone from the bedside table at farthest end of cabin.  Not so great from ends of the balcony when door was closed.