Is there an etiquette regarding walking through QM2 Britannia Dining Room to reach Britannia Club?

D&N

2 hours ago, BigMac1953 said:

Cunard are missing a trick here.

The new ship should include a viewing gallery over the steerage restaurant, where for a small fee we could watch those in steerage attempt to eat, without being properly dressed, and wearing flat caps (that's just the women).

Highlights could include:

Watching the jigs and wild dancing

Listening to the penny whistles and accordians

Watching the lower classes trying to work out what cutlery to use

Laugh at them eating off their knives

Hear them swilling their beer and burping (and making other bodily noises)

Giggle when they spill their tea out of their saucers

Or maybe nobody should be looking down on anybody.

Meanwhile in Britannia Club, I'll be licking my plate!!! (If I forget where I am).

6 hours ago, deck chair said:

Hello...no one cares!  No one will take offense.  No one will notice.  This entire thread is ridiculous.  People need to spend more time tending their gardens.

Deck chair.  

There are no ridiculous questions but there can certainly be ridiculous answers.

Hopefully @D&N has found it useful and will report back on their experience.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, D&N said:

Would the 1982 West End 42nd Street version do? I know someone who must have performed it at least 500 times. They could be our choreographer.

As an aside.

DW had an idea.  
The main thoroughfare (bow/stern) below decks I know as the I95. From Britannia entrance the BC there two walkways which individually can also be  an “Avenue”.  Therefore, these are now named “42nd Street”.  Sashaying, step-ball-change and double taps can now be considered de rigueur.  With the D stairway route entrance named “Broadway” 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Having now used Britannia Club port side restaurant for a few days, the minority belief that you shouldn't pass through the main restaurant is crazy.

There is no more separation between BC than between different segments of the MD. On the starboard side it's effectively some plants and at port a partial partition.

If there are people seated in central section near the staircase we use the small side staircase exit then walk along the very wide aisle to the rear of the restaurant.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, D&N said:

Having now used Britannia Club port side restaurant for a few days, the minority belief that you shouldn't pass through the main restaurant is crazy.

There is no more separation between BC than between different segments of the MD. On the starboard side it's effectively some plants and at port a partial partition.

If there are people seated in central section near the staircase we use the small side staircase exit then walk along the very wide aisle to the rear of the restaurant.

But did you sashay and is there a video?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 5/7/2022 at 9:53 PM, deck chair said:

Hello...no one cares!  No one will take offense.  No one will notice.  This entire thread is ridiculous.  People need to spend more time tending their gardens.

Deck chair.  

Oh NO, having spent the last month digging and weeding, we are SO looking forward to two weeks of no garden tending, starting tomorrow! (Though I do take your meaning and intend to enjoy EVERYTHING as long as no passerby spits in my food!)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tonopah said:

But did you sashay and is there a video?

We're trying hard to figure out how to do this. I've not got an autonomous video drone with me.

If we come up with something we'll try to comply with the request!

• Haha 4