I just want to cancel - how can I contact Princess?

Scougs

I am getting fed up trying to contact Princess, but don't know if I even need to. I'm booked on the Sky Princess 14 night Norwegian Fjords, departing Southampton on 17th June 2023. I booked while on Sky Princess last September and paid £75 deposit.

I have found that Princess are now advertising the same category of cabin for £300 less than I paid (and including a £200 on board credit), and a TA are
advertising for £600 less than I paid (plus a $300 on board credit).

I know that Princess won't match the TA price, and I really just want to cancel and book with the TA. I've spent 90 minutes a day for four days trying to phone Princess. I've tried to send their online contact form and it says "We were not able to submit your passenger information because there was incorrect or missing information. Please correct them before you re-submit the form."

Is there anything to stop me just booking with TA? Is there any other way to contact Princess to say I just want to cancel?

24 minutes ago, Scougs said:
Is there any other way to contact Princess to say I just want to cancel?

No, you do need to call them but if you phone later in the evenings then the call will be picked up by a US Princess agent (usually with a minimal wait time) who will be able to handle any of these booking issues for you. 

Edited by dides
  • Like 1

Well, I stayed on hold for two hours and finally got through!  In that time I tried (and failed) to use their online contact form, posted in a Facebook group, posted on here, tweeted Princess (and got a reply saying I would need to phone), read the advice I got in the Facebook group, and booked direct with the TA.

I now have a deluxe balcony cabin booked for £500 less than I was paying for a regular balcony, and have $200 extra on board spend.

@dides - by phoning in the evening and going through to a US agent, you also just get hold music, rather than the really irritating cheesy adverts while on hold to Princess UK.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Scougs said:

by phoning in the evening and going through to a US agent, you also just get hold music, rather than the really irritating cheesy adverts while on hold to Princess UK

You have not called and been on hold with Princess USA enough to really "appreciate" that Muzak tune.  Some of us are ready for the padded cell after being on hold.

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

You have not called and been on hold with Princess USA enough to really "appreciate" that Muzak tune.  Some of us are ready for the padded cell after being on hold.

What?  The only way I can call is *from* my padded cell.  

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

That is because of all the calls from the UK are preventing people in North America getting through to Princess USA.  😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Yes, between Princess and the V.A. (always calling about Dad's medical issues) I'm ready for the rubber room.

On 5/3/2022 at 2:30 PM, Steelers36 said:

I can just about tune out the Muzak.  The UK call centre interrupts the Muzak with really, really badly acted advertisements.

Thick sounding male voice "Can I get a cocktail?"

Patronising female voice "It's included!"

Thick sounding male voice "How about a speciality coffee - with whipped cream on top?"

Thick sound mail voice "How about binge watching Netflix?"

Patronising female voice "It's included! Just log on to your Netflix account!"

....  ten minutes of hold music ......

Male voice "I see you have a suite - this way for priority boarding"

Female voice "How lovely.  (pause)  Look at the size of this suite!  And the view from this balcony!"

and so on....  and so on....

• Haha 6

4 hours ago, Scougs said:

I can just about tune out the Muzak.  The UK call centre interrupts the Muzak with really, really badly acted advertisements.

Thick sounding male voice "How about a speciality coffee - with whipped cream on top?"

Female voice "How lovely.  (pause)  Look at the size of this suite!  And the view from this balcony!"

Gagging Meme GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, Scougs said:

Why in the world would anyone want whipped cream on coffee.  If they hate coffee so much why did they order it?!

Why would someone want to watch Netflix on a cruise? Seems to defeat the point of a cruise!

On 5/5/2022 at 2:06 AM, brisalta said:

Why would someone want to watch Netflix on a cruise? Seems to defeat the point of a cruise!

The point of a cruise is different for everyone.

I cruise to spend time with my husband, away from the demands of work. On our last cruise, we watched Bonnie and Clyde in our cabin after dinner one evening, and it was divine (Carnival had AMC, and they were doing 30 days of Oscars, so every movie was an Oscar winner). We don’t get that kind of time together at home, because we work long hours on opposite schedules.

I see all the people laying out in the sun on a cruise, and I’m wondering, who would do that? Ugh. I can lay in the sun at home, and my neighborhood has three pools. But they’re doing what they want to do, and I’m doing what I want to do. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1