Latest that you've left the Cruise Terminal for RCL Navigator of the Seas on Disembarkment day on 4 Night Cruise?

CableKC

I'm trying to plan my return flight home on Disembarkment Day on a Navigator of the Seas 4 Night Cruise where it returns on a Friday morning.

I'm trying to figure out if I should:

1 ) Book my flight to leave Long Beach Airport late in the afternoon that same day

or

2 ) Not risk it and book the flight out the next morning.

I'm looking at the flight info and there is a flight that leaves on that same Friday at 6:15pm from Long Beach Airport.    I figure that my party of 8 would have to completely disembark the ship, wait in line, checked out from the Cruise Terminal itself and physically on a Shuttle or Uber ( leaving the parking terminal ) by 2:45pm.  I figure that this would leave me enough time to arrive at the airport and check in for my flight at that time. 

Based off of your experience disembarking the RCL Navigator of the Seas at the Long Beach Cruise Terminal on a Friday morning, waiting in line at the Terminal and going through customs ( or whatever you have to do at the Cruise Terminal to return to port ); what is a reasonable time for you to have gotten into your mode of transportation ( your own car, shuttle or Uber ) to start driving by 2:45pm on a Friday?

Although I have some buffer time to get from the Cruise Terminal to the Long Beach Airport ( while taking into account hitting some traffic on a Friday afternoon ), am I cutting it too close when I have expectations of getting through the entire disembarkment process.

Of course, I know that there are always going to be unexpected factors that can cause significant delays that I have no control over.   I can also not risk it at all and just fly out the next morning.   But I want to avoid the additional cost ( car rental, additional hotel stay for 1 more night ) and hassle of leaving the next day.

Any advise and information based off of your experience disembarking from the Long Beach Terminal would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

49 minutes ago, CableKC said:

I'm trying to plan my return flight home on Disembarkment Day on a Navigator of the Seas 4 Night Cruise where it returns on a Friday morning.

I'm trying to figure out if I should:

1 ) Book my flight to leave Long Beach Airport late in the afternoon that same day

or

2 ) Not risk it and book the flight out the next morning.

I'm looking at the flight info and there is a flight that leaves on that same Friday at 6:15pm from Long Beach Airport.    I figure that my party of 8 would have to completely disembark the ship, wait in line, checked out from the Cruise Terminal itself and physically on a Shuttle or Uber ( leaving the parking terminal ) by 2:45pm.  I figure that this would leave me enough time to arrive at the airport and check in for my flight at that time. 

Based off of your experience disembarking the RCL Navigator of the Seas at the Long Beach Cruise Terminal on a Friday morning, waiting in line at the Terminal and going through customs ( or whatever you have to do at the Cruise Terminal to return to port ); what is a reasonable time for you to have gotten into your mode of transportation ( your own car, shuttle or Uber ) to start driving by 2:45pm on a Friday?

Although I have some buffer time to get from the Cruise Terminal to the Long Beach Airport ( while taking into account hitting some traffic on a Friday afternoon ), am I cutting it too close when I have expectations of getting through the entire disembarkment process.

Of course, I know that there are always going to be unexpected factors that can cause significant delays that I have no control over.   I can also not risk it at all and just fly out the next morning.   But I want to avoid the additional cost ( car rental, additional hotel stay for 1 more night ) and hassle of leaving the next day.

Any advise and information based off of your experience disembarking from the Long Beach Terminal would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

A couple of comments:

Your Royal Caribbean ship undoubted sails from the Los Angeles World Cruise Center in San Pedro, not Long Beach. Flying into and out of Long Beach airport is perfectly OK regardless as the San Pedro and Long Beach cruise terminals are only a couple of miles apart.

You're going to find that you will be  required to disembark the ship by no later than 10 or 10:30 in the morning (and able to disembark much earlier than that if you wish) so you can safely book an even earlier flight if one is available. Any flight from early or mid afternoon on will be fine.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, njhorseman said:

A couple of comments:

Your Royal Caribbean ship undoubted sails from the Los Angeles World Cruise Center in San Pedro, not Long Beach. Flying into and out of Long Beach airport is perfectly OK regardless as the San Pedro and Long Beach cruise terminals are only a couple of miles apart.

You're going to find that you will be  required to disembark the ship by no later than 10 or 10:30 in the morning (and able to disembark much earlier than that if you wish) so you can safely book an even earlier flight if one is available. Any flight from early or mid afternoon on will be fine.

Good thing you mentioned that the Navigator of the Seas departs from a different port.  I thought it departed near the Queen Mary.    I would have ended up boarding the wrong ship.

thanks for the heads up.😄

Edited by CableKC

42 minutes ago, CableKC said:

Good thing you mentioned that the Navigator of the Seas departs from a different port.  I thought it departed near the Queen Mary.    I would have ended up boarding the wrong ship.

thanks for the heads up.😄

The Long Beach Cruise Terminal is owned by Carnival, and it's very rare for anything but a Carnival ship to sail from there. Even other cruise lines that are owned by Carnival Corp. such as Princess and  Holland America usually depart from San Pedro, not Long Beach.

If you look at the schedule for the World Cruise Center in San Pedro I'm sure you'll see your cruise listed:

https://www.portsamerica.com/operations/cruise-los-angeles-terminal-schedule

7 minutes ago, cruising twosome said:

We were on Navigator in May and asked for the last exit time which was 9:30……they called everyone off at 9:00.

That is what I would expect. Never heard of RCI letting you stay on until 10:30.

6 hours ago, CableKC said:

I'm looking at the flight info and there is a flight that leaves on that same Friday at 6:15pm from Long Beach Airport.    I figure that my party of 8 would have to completely disembark the ship, wait in line, checked out from the Cruise Terminal itself and physically on a Shuttle or Uber ( leaving the parking terminal ) by 2:45pm.  I figure that this would leave me enough time to arrive at the airport and check in for my flight at that time. more night ) and hassle of leaving the next day.

Navigator will have you off the ship by 10AM. Your next question should be "what can we do at the Long Beach Airport for 8 hours" 🙂

You can look at flights at LAX earlier in the day. LAX is 20 miles from the San Pedro Cruise Port, LGB is about 14 miles, so not a huge difference.

You could look for LAX flights anytime after 12:30PM to be on the safe side or keep the idea of a flight from LGB.