Partial CruiseNext?

jd51bby

Has anyone ever had a "partial" CruiseNext certificate? Somehow. - and we are not sure how, possibly as a result of our recent Escape to Encore switch - both my wife and I have these on our accounts, and when we tried to use them on a booking, the system threw an error for the NCL agent, and they said we could not use them as they were partial. So we seem to have CruiseNext that we can't actually use! We have contacted CruiseNext, but still waiting on a reply. Even stranger, today we noticed that if we view these certificates via the NCL app, they show as full value (£199), but via the website they still show the lower, partial values. Very strange.

Yes, I have a cruise next voucher that shows at a different value on the app and the website. It is one that got split due to a cancellation, and to be honest I'm not sure what the correct value is. My PCC is waiting to hear back from the CruiseNext department.

With all these cancellations it has got very confused.

Yes, I have gotten them a couple of times when I was due a refund for a price adjustment. I contacted my PCC to request they be refunded because they really can't be used.  I think it's an issue with their accounting system - it wants to refund the payment method and chooses your first payment.

Even if they are the full amount, giving you a CN for $250 when you can buy them for $125 benefits NCL not you.

3 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

I've got one for $81 from a cancelled cruise.  Hadn't tried to do anything with it yet so I would like to hear if others are able to get them applied to something.

Just ask for a refund.  

I had this.

They cancelled my cruise during the pandemic but incorrectly took £100 as a lost deposit (for cancelling.... except I didn't, they did) so I was left with a partial Cruise Next, it took forever to resolve this, get my £100 back and get it joined back as a single voucher so it could be used.
Not sure how I would have fixed this without my PCC.

Edited by ziggyuk

i just received a cruise first certificate with a balance of $1.87. 

i, too, noticed that it shows up at its full value ($500) in the app.

but, honestly, a lot of things are clearly wrong in the app. it shows pictures of empty lounge chairs by the pool without towels and a book on them, for instance.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, julig22 said:

Just ask for a refund.  

This is from a cruise that cancelled, then another that cancelled, then another that cancelled.....

I'm getting lost with what it started as.  It could end up as FCC or something.  When I go to book again, I'll ask the CAS agent what we can do with it🤔