Buying future cruise onboard

jimbo1683

On 5/2/2022 at 6:12 PM, jimbo1683 said:

Sorry I've confused matters. The Cunard cruise and Princess cruise are both booked and aware of the differences and shareholder OBC. My question is; i am planning a second princess cruise in 2024 (Caribbean) so is there extra benefit in booking that when i am onboard Princess in 2023 or does it make no difference?

Here's the thing I have not read yet.  If you wait until you are sailing Princess in 2023 (about a year from now you mentioned), yes, you can purchase FCD(s).  But the cost of that 2024 voyage may have gone up and could easily be higher than the benefit you get from the FCD.  Also, you may not like the cabins left to choose from at that time.  The best idea is to book that 2024 voyage now if happy with the price and promotion.  Then, watch it for price drops. 

When you sail in 2023, see if that 2024 voyage is similar or less price than you booked it at now.  If so, you can cancel for no loss and then re-book using your FCD's.  

There is no advantage to book on board.  Just order the FCD's (order extra since as soon as you book that next cruise, you are out of them and you might decide to book another just like your plan today). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The deals on Princess out of the UK are very good, look at one for this year.

12days with Princess+ under £1kpp(inside), when they moved Enchanted  they started Balconies at £100pppd 

Still get a round Britain at those inside prices on Emerald.

The future cruise deposits are £75 each worth it as they get a bit of OBC and are fully refundable.

You can use one each even if you buy them on 1 account 

we like to have at least 2 available and if nothing planned go to 4 max as we cruise any line that will have us.

A lot go for the book early, we have in the past gone book late as UK prices drop nearer the sailing if capacity.

@Steelers36 makes a good point, no reason to delay a booking in anticipation of purchasing FCD. I feel the OBC is nice but not significant enough to risk price change on a booking. Our recent booking required $800 deposit; we are looking at another booking for Sept 2023, $800 deposit. This is per couple so 4 FCD for both bookings would cost $400 versus $1,600. Cash flow is the primary benefit.

• Like 2