Iona Review Saturday 23rd April

8 hours ago, Windsurfboy said:

"33 P&O cruises , they should name a suite after you."

Or a ship? "The Denarius" has a nice ring about it, to coin a phrase (see what I did there?) - better than the now corny names they keep coming up with.

Thanks, chaps.  Yes, I have read it, and know Saga pretty well (gold member), but not the new ships.  I merely wanted to find out Denarius personal views - but this is of course not the place for this discussion to be anyway,  so I should not really have started it.

On 5/5/2022 at 12:26 PM, terrierjohn said:

The wow with Iona is supposed to be the exterior windows, which many other ships do not have, we have not been on her yet so I will reserve judgement until I see if Iona's sea views compensate for the lack of a wow factor.

But honestly the only wow factor P&O ships have ever had were the 2 Sun ships which she received from Princess. Azura and Ventura don't have any glitz, and Arcadia and Aurora have even less.

Lovely big windows John but when the sun is shining to bright they pull down the shades and this makes it look awful, and one evening a beautiful sunset was out side and the blinds were fully pulled down and everyone was missing it , it also made the Atrium  look very dull , enclosed , cold which it is all day long .

we are all different in what we like but to me it looked like a airport lounge with the silver stair case .

Also another bug bear of mine is when your eating a lovely meal in the glass house and keel & cow at any time you have people walking past you wandering around , your a bit out in the open and on view to everyone.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Lovely big windows John but when the sun is shining to bright they pull down the shades and this makes it look awful, and one evening a beautiful sunset was out side and the blinds were fully pulled down and everyone was missing it , it also made the Atrium  look very dull , enclosed , cold which it is all day long .

we are all different in what we like but to me it looked like a airport lounge with the silver stair case .

Also another bug bear of mine is when your eating a lovely meal in the glass house and keel & cow at any time you have people walking past you wandering around , your a bit out in the open and on view to everyone.

I must admit that when I saw the plans for the huge glazed wall of the atrium I did wonder about the effects of the sun and how they were going to deal with that. Bit pointless having massive windows if you have to shut the blinds when the sun is out... I suppose folks will move from one side to the other if they can.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2022 at 12:17 PM, Gettingwarmer said:

Dislike them. They are far too noisy and crowded. Love their food but this is one of the reasons we don’t cruise RCL. 

Just loved the sales they had most days there on our RCI cruise,there was a webcam on it & we could relax in our cabin & watch people fighting over the overpriced tat they kept filling the tables with,the webcam was out of order for the last couple of days,shame,it was the best thing on tv!😂

• Haha 1