How to Redeem Princess Visa Card for Cruise Final Payment

Pootimer

Can’t find info on Princess forum, so apologize in advance if this topic has been covered recently! I can not locate anywhere in my Barclays Princess Visa credit account info on how to apply my points to a Princess Cruise final payment. Appreciate any advise!

I went through this process with Barclays back in January.  What Barclays ended up having me do was request the points in the form of gift cards which they then mailed to me.  Due to my procrastination I didn't receive the cards until I was actually on board my cruise.  I had my daughter take pictures of the gift cards (front and back) and texted me the pictures.  I went to the Pursers desk and had them apply the cards to my shipboard account.  It was actually a very easy way to handle the reward points and the customer service people at the pursers desk were very accommodating.

51 minutes ago, Pootimer said:

Can’t find info on Princess forum, so apologize in advance if this topic has been covered recently! I can not locate anywhere in my Barclays Princess Visa credit account info on how to apply my points to a Princess Cruise final payment. Appreciate any advise!

Make the final payment using the credit card then apply your points as a “statement credit” which offsets it.  There is not a direct method to pay for your cruise that I’m aware of.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, t&atravel said:

Make the final payment using the credit card then apply your points as a “statement credit” which offsets it.  There is not a direct method to pay for your cruise that I’m aware of.

That is what I do all the time.  The Barclays website has an entire section on the rewards.  Note that points expire.  They always list how many days certain charged entries expire. And you can click on any of them to see the dollar value of those points.  I charged our 2019 WC and got a $4000 statement credit!  

2 hours ago, gardenbunny said:

That is what I do all the time.  The Barclays website has an entire section on the rewards.  Note that points expire.  They always list how many days certain charged entries expire. And you can click on any of them to see the dollar value of those points.  I charged our 2019 WC and got a $4000 statement credit!  

Just checked the Barclay site and it states that points do not expire as long as the account is current and in good standing.

• Like 2

My cruise is paid in full but I want to use my points to pay for excursions.   You have to pay for excursions when you book so having them mail me the gift cards  and taking them to the ship will not work.    Anyone able to transfer the points so they can be used for excursions?   thanks

3 hours ago, compozer said:

My cruise is paid in full but I want to use my points to pay for excursions.   You have to pay for excursions when you book so having them mail me the gift cards  and taking them to the ship will not work.    Anyone able to transfer the points so they can be used for excursions?   thanks

Same way as with the final payment question.

Charge to the card and then use them to help pay for the excursions when the credit card bill arrives.

• Like 2