Celebrity Customer Service - Incorrect Information Issue

Daleed77

5 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Even if you ultimately sail on this cruise, it’s time to shop for a new TA.  Your current TA isn’t good at looking at the details.

If I'm understanding the OP correctly, their TA reached out to X who claimed E-ships do have CC staterooms with regular verandas.  I would imagine 90% of TA would not know whether CCs or AQs were all IV exclusive on the E-Class and would need to reach out to the company to find out.

When sailings change, it seems common that X's customer service are unable/unwilling to erase price differences.  It just so happens that when you email the CEO (which gets handled by her team) they often overrule their customer service dept.  I'd guess 99% of TAs wouldn't know you can reach out to the CEO.

I personally do not use TAs but believe this event would have still happened to the majority of TA one selected.

On 5/3/2022 at 7:31 PM, Daleed77 said:

Thanks everyone. My issue is that the TA talked to Celebrity and they confirmed that it was a real balcony. This was my only request for rebooking. So, is it my fault? Sure. My TA assured me that she talked to Celebrity about it when I booked and I never had an issue with her before. 

My new reservation that I made was more expensive than the original, so I assumed everything was correct. Is sunset verandas significantly more expensive than concierge usually? 

By the way, the TA and Celebrity said they info they gave was incorrect and they’ve updated it since then. Oh well, I’ll probably cancel and not book the Edge class again. It’s not worth the hassle. 

- Dale 

If your agent talked to Celebrity maybe they can go back to that date and listen to the call? I usually get the "your call may be recorded...." thing when I call.

• Like 1

What you received was what I thought would be fair when I first read you situation.  They honored the price you would have got on the day you made the reservation for the cabin which fit your requirements.  A little OBC and specialty dining for your inconvenience.

Celebrity reps shouldn't be giving incorrect information but I agree with others that there has been enough discussion on IV cabins and the Edge class ships that any TA worth their salt should know the cabin categories.  I think the TA should be kicking in more good will since you had to take this into your own hands to resolve.  They didn't earn their commission.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

If I'm understanding the OP correctly, their TA reached out to X who claimed E-ships do have CC staterooms with regular verandas.  I would imagine 90% of TA would not know whether CCs or AQs were all IV exclusive on the E-Class and would need to reach out to the company to find out.

When sailings change, it seems common that X's customer service are unable/unwilling to erase price differences.  It just so happens that when you email the CEO (which gets handled by her team) they often overrule their customer service dept.  I'd guess 99% of TAs wouldn't know you can reach out to the CEO.

I personally do not use TAs but believe this event would have still happened to the majority of TA one selected.

I guess we’ll disagree on this one.  It’s the TA’s job to know those details.  Celebrity gives them plenty of exposure to the new ships

• Like 5

14 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Be sure to ask that the newly implemented18% gratuity is included as well.  Thanks for the followup and great news it was resolved.  I have no problem reaching out the CEO's exec team if I get no where with customer service, its the only way they'll learn.

I don't want to know the volume of complaints this office receives every day considering how prone cruises are to mishaps and other general issues. Surprised they can even cope.

7 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

To recap, there ARE in fact AQ staterooms with a regular veranda on EDGE Class? Is there a reference somewhere? I'm looking at deck plans but don't get any wiser from that.

42 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

To recap, there ARE in fact AQ staterooms with a regular veranda on EDGE Class? Is there a reference somewhere? I'm looking at deck plans but don't get any wiser from that.

The OP claims they have communication between X and their TA where X stated there ARE regular verandas.  On a previous sailing, FCV told us all AQs and CCs are IVs on E-Class

1 hour ago, Fly and Sail said:

I don't want to know the volume of complaints this office receives every day considering how prone cruises are to mishaps and other general issues. Surprised they can even cope.

They're always friendly and helpful, can't always say that about their general customer service reps as is the case with this situation.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

The OP claims they have communication between X and their TA where X stated there ARE regular verandas.  On a previous sailing, FCV told us all AQs and CCs are IVs on E-Class

That's how I understood it and I'm looking at pictures of EDGE from all angles like an idiot right now. 😂

Just popping back in here to respond to a couple of things. 

- From what I understand now, on Edge-class ship only SV and Suites have real verandas. They will be the only type of cabins I’ll book on those ships. Most likely, I’ll stick the Solstice-class ships, and I have a soft spot for the Summit since it was our most sailed ship. 

- The price difference between what I had to SV on the date reserved was only $300, so it wasn’t that much more. However, they wanted $2000+ for a price today. I could have almost had a Sky Suite for that total price. 

- Celebrity did admit they were wrong and the info given was incorrect. 

- I think what was ultimately worked out is fair

and I’m happy with the result. I wasn’t happy that it took so long for everyone to come to the solution, but it’s done. 

Thanks to you all for your insights! Happy cruising!

Dale

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Celebrity really needs to empower customer service reps at some level below the CEO's office the ability to "do the right thing" in cases like this.  The reason the CEO's office has to deal with so many of these complaints is the people who should be able to handle these things can't.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2022 at 1:52 AM, NutsAboutGolf said:

They're always friendly and helpful, can't always say that about their general customer service reps as is the case with this situation.

I don't often deal with the general CS reps but have had to recently when my vac. planner went missing for 3 weeks.  I found all persons (3 to 4 different calls) very helpful and knowledgeable  to a point.  BUT they are only given so much control and seem to be advised to stick to the narrative.  If and when a kink in the call occurs they contact a supervisor (takes forever).  At that point a problem was resolved, but stickier issues still had to be worked out by the CVP team as the Gen. CS are considered 'online' and can't work with CVP bookings (and vice versa).  Very hard finding a CVP when your assigned one is non-communicado.  Captains Club only pushed me back to the general CS so that's no help.  Never did receive an answer from the Celebrity Engagement Centre and next step was going to be a contact with LP's office where I know you get a fair response and settlement.  In this case, I finally researched a years old cruise booking file and located an ex rep's number who had been promoted.  He put a 'new CVP' in touch with me so all is now settled.  It's too bad one has to go to the top with these issues when it could be resolved by a 'middle man' CS dept.  A jump from supervisor to president is not the best business response. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I don't often deal with the general CS reps but have had to recently when my vac. planner went missing for 3 weeks.  I found all persons (3 to 4 different calls) very helpful and knowledgeable  to a point.  BUT they are only given so much control and seem to be advised to stick to the narrative.  If and when a kink in the call occurs they contact a supervisor (takes forever).  At that point a problem was resolved, but stickier issues still had to be worked out by the CVP team as the Gen. CS are considered 'online' and can't work with CVP bookings (and vice versa).  Very hard finding a CVP when your assigned one is non-communicado.  Captains Club only pushed me back to the general CS so that's no help.  Never did receive an answer from the Celebrity Engagement Centre and next step was going to be a contact with LP's office where I know you get a fair response and settlement.  In this case, I finally researched a years old cruise booking file and located an ex rep's number who had been promoted.  He put a 'new CVP' in touch with me so all is now settled.  It's too bad one has to go to the top with these issues when it could be resolved by a 'middle man' CS dept.  A jump from supervisor to president is not the best business response. 

Did you try to contact the Resolutions Department?   That’s their job.

23 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Did you try to contact the Resolutions Department?   That’s their job.

Resolutions is passed to by the CVP for their opinion and or approval.  First find a new CVP...there's no 'push this button' for that.  You're immediately directed to the general CS, and around we go...:classic_wink:

53 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Resolutions is passed to by the CVP for their opinion and or approval.  First find a new CVP...there's no 'push this button' for that.  You're immediately directed to the general CS, and around we go...:classic_wink:

Not in my experience.  When I’ve had an issue the CS rep can’t handle, I ask to be connected to the resolutions department.  This process has helped me a couple of times.

3 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Celebrity really needs to empower customer service reps at some level below the CEO's office the ability to "do the right thing" in cases like this.  The reason the CEO's office has to deal with so many of these complaints is the people who should be able to handle these things can't.

Exactly.  Clearly it would appear that no one on lower level cust service rep team was willing to take the $2K revenue hit.  We do know they have sales/revenue goals, I wonder if that's part of the problem.