Deluxe beverage packages

Lately it looks like anything in the $60 range is a good deal. Bought mine for May 14 cruise at mid $50 and just got an email for 40% off. Checked the price and it's $72.99. You gotta love Royal marketing.

Like Not Enough Cruising said whatever you think is a good deal. You can always cancel and rebook if it drops, we had an email for our Med cruise saying call for a great deal, my DW did and we got it for £39 pppd for a 9 night med cruise end of Sept that works out at about $50 so to me a great deal indeed. 

am I crazy in thinking it was base price was lower than $90/person/day (what it is today)? I don't know why, but I thought I saw the discounts at 20% and buy one get one half off being lower than it is showing now.

I see an offer for $88.99 per day for the beverage plus internet.  I know I can book and cancel if a lower price comes out, but I’m on the fence if I should just wait. Cruising end of August 

The real question is: will you drink enough to make the package a good deal at whatever the current price happens to be.  Google Royal bar menus to get an idea of what drinks will cost.  For myself and DH (neither of us being big drinkers), anything over $55 per person per day is not worth it.  We will buy either the soda package (if it is a ship with the freestyle machines) or refreshment package and then pay for alcoholic drinks a la carte.  On our last cruise (Carnival Mardi Gras), we did not buy the package even though it was under $55 because of our current finances and we ended up saving around $500 by not buying the package.  DH had 1 or 2 cocktails per day plus some specialty coffees and I only drank 3 alcoholic drinks the whole week.  On the upside, I only gained 1 lb. on that cruise.  😊