Thermal suite pass pricing for 12-day cruise--couple or 'two-person' price?

misha227

I'm going to be sailing in mid-July so this is a bit early, perhaps, but I very much want to purchase a Thermal Suite pass. My roommate & I are actually doing two 12-days, back-to-back. Lucky, I know!

Anyway, the online system will only show the pricing for a single person Thermal Suite pass for a 12-day cruise, at $299. I'm wondering if anyone has taken a 12-day cruise this year and can share what the onboard price was for a "couple's" pass for a 12-day cruise?

Also, if anyone knows the current price for a one-day pass that would be helpful as well. It does not seem to be a very good deal to purchase the 12-day pass for one person, if I'm remembering the price of a one-day pass correctly--if you miss a day or two, any savings is gone. But I could be remembering wrong, or perhaps prices have increased.

We'll be sailing on the Oosterdam, if that matters.

Thanks for your help!

25 minutes ago, misha227 said:

I'm going to be sailing in mid-July so this is a bit early, perhaps, but I very much want to purchase a Thermal Suite pass. My roommate & I are actually doing two 12-days, back-to-back. Lucky, I know!

Anyway, the online system will only show the pricing for a single person Thermal Suite pass for a 12-day cruise, at $299. I'm wondering if anyone has taken a 12-day cruise this year and can share what the onboard price was for a "couple's" pass for a 12-day cruise?

Also, if anyone knows the current price for a one-day pass that would be helpful as well. It does not seem to be a very good deal to purchase the 12-day pass for one person, if I'm remembering the price of a one-day pass correctly--if you miss a day or two, any savings is gone. But I could be remembering wrong, or perhaps prices have increased.

We'll be sailing on the Oosterdam, if that matters.

Thanks for your help!

I spoke with HAL cause the couple's pass was not showing for my upcoming 7day cruise and they told me the spa has discontinued the couple's pass.  Very disappointing to me cause we always took advantage of it.

• Thanks 1

As Brentt_M said, they no longer do the couple's pass.  They used to also have great deals on a spa pass if you were one of the first 25 or so to book onboard but they got rid of that too.  Now it's way more expensive to purchase it on board.  We're doing a 14 night cruise in June and I can't justify the $299 price given we will be in port about 60-70% of the days, so I will be skipping it this time.  

• Thanks 1

I had noticed the couples discount missing when I tried to buy it for my upcoming Zaandam cruise.

We’ve never really “gotten our money’s worth” by buying the passes vs individual visits. We usually miss a few days. But we bought the passes more as convenience than anything… as a way to guarantee they weren’t sold out on a sea day or something.

$80 more just makes it feel like we’re throwing money away. We’ll likely set aside one day to “Spa Out” instead of buying the length of cruise pass.

(Especially on Zaandam. I’m shocked the price is the same for Zaandams limited Thermal Suite and the Pinnacle ships’.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yikes. Thanks for the responses, everybody!

Well, that seals it then. No reason at all to purchase a pass. It is a port-intensive cruise with the only sea days being Saturdays. (Why Saturdays and not Sundays, when there are so many churches and cathedrals to visit...which are closed to the public on Sundays...strains my brain to contemplate. But that would be for a different thread, LOL!) I would likely miss a day or two anyway, so daily passes it shall be.

Ultimately, I will be spending far less than I otherwise would have, had I been able to purchase the couple's pass. I will have to make the decision every day: Is it really worth the extra cost today? My miserly nature will win out most of the time, and HAL will lose out on revenue they could have easily captured with that couples promo.

(I am not miserly when it comes to clothes or quality footwear, but in other areas of life my upbringing shows.)

Thanks again!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, misha227 said:

Why Saturdays and not Sundays, when there are so many churches and cathedrals to visit...

Really sorry about that.  Next time we reorganise the geography of Europe we will ensure that the ports are placed in different places, so that there is not so much water between them, that way the scheduling will permit cruisers to visit churches and cathedrals without being discommoded by the locals and their religious rituals. 🤣🤣

(tongue in cheek!)

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Really sorry about that.  Next time we reorganise the geography of Europe we will ensure that the ports are placed in different places, so that there is not so much water between them, that way the scheduling will permit cruisers to visit churches and cathedrals without being discommoded by the locals and their religious rituals. 🤣🤣

(tongue in cheek!)

You said it better than I could.  😋

I was able to purchase a 7 day couples thermal suite pass on 3/15, it was $298. It's Alaska, so probably a waste on money, but the wife loves them so much on sunny cruises, I couldn't talk her out of it.

• Thanks 1

I was also in search of the couples pass and ran into the same issue.  We are on a 14-day cruise out of Rotterdam in July and I saw the couples pass being offered online a few months ago (for a very reasonable price of $349).  I thought I had plenty of time to make that purchase...  Well, definitely not the case in that that offer is no longer available.  I wonder if HAL canceled that offer for anyone who was successful in purchasing it when it was available...

• Thanks 1

I noticed that HAL removed the couples pass about 6 or 7 weeks ago. Before that, I recall the pricing for our recent 18 day cruise was $299 per person and $429(?) for a couple. After they removed the couple option - the only one available was $299 each…

At that price - we passed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1