HAL Not providing onboard covid testing in Vancouver

On 5/16/2022 at 2:59 PM, jclav said:

anyone use emed?  it looks like the test and report are $25 each if you buy a bundle of 6 and you can do anytime no appts needed?

We used emed, last Sunday, from our Prague hotel.  DW and I each waited less than 5 min to get a proctor and about 20 min later we had our e-mailed results.  Just keep in mind that you do need a decent Internet connection and that connection needs to work for 20-25 min.   Expecting onboard Internet to be that good (especially the day before debarkation when many folks are trying to access testing, airlines, etc. is a real stretch.

Hank

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Has anyone tried connecting to roaming data while the ship pulls into port? 

I'm arriving in Vancouver and figured I'd just use data on my phone for the online proctored appointment. Would love to know if thats worked for anyone else.  

Kentucky Cruiser

Don't know why there was no cost. We went to the testing site in Canada Place expecting to pay. I saw on the sign in document " Carnival Cruises Noordam". The agent told my wife they were there for every cruise. I realize this doesn't track with previous posts, but this seems to be the place to go. Good luck.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oceanbill457 said:

We went to the testing site in Canada Place .... I saw on the sign in document " Carnival Cruises Noordam". 

this is wonderful information. Perhaps I missed it. What was the testing sites name again? It will be on your result, I am certain... thanks in advance 🙂

• Like 1

12 hours ago, oceanbill457 said:

Site may have been in one of the planning room for the hotel. We were directed there by one of the shore staff. Wasn't next door.

I wonder if the free testing is due to HAL recently changing its procedures away from testing onboard for free?  

My copy of the result did not indicate a room number only Canada Place. To my knowledge they didn't inform guests they were testing at Canada Place. I know some folks who were getting tested at the airport. We got on in San Diego for 4 days .As an aside, I spoke with guests who took the 24 days from Fort Lauderdale. They said this was a shakedown cruise with several issues including no hot water, hot staterooms, etc.

On 5/18/2022 at 2:19 PM, Chart Maker said:

I got off the Noordam in Vancouver and had the same experience as you cousins.  Testing appeared to be available for anyone that wanted it.

It could be because your cruise started in Ft Lauderdale before the notices that there wouldn’t be testing onboard. We were originally told that testing could be done at Canada Place and then they tested onboard. They started stopped testing at the start of the May 4th cruise. As I remember the notices went around that time as people were panicking.

On 5/16/2022 at 3:55 PM, Reagan0712 said:

Just started reading this thread so if someone has already responded I apologize.

Anyhow, if you haven’t booked your flights yet there is a bus that runs twice a day from Vancouver near the cruise terminal to SEATAC. It’s a five hour ride and the cost for the later bus is $50.  Then you don’t need to test at all. 

Thank you so much.  After a lot of research, we have the bus booked.  

• Like 1

We just got off the Koningsdam on May 14. We stopped at the front desk and inquired about our COVID test. The Friday before returning to port there was a COVID test performed. You had to ask beforehand there was not an announcement about it. Just for the people that inquired. 

Medical staff swabbed people and you returned to your room and await the results. 

Per medical staff none of the 100 or so people who were tested to return to the US were positive. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...