Anyone have experience using Baranof Tours in Sitka ?

GreenValleyDogWalker

• 2 weeks later...

We used Baranof Tours for a whale watching excursion Sept 2021.  BEST DAY EVER!  The captain made a point of asking us what we most wanted to see (eagles and bears) and then knew the best places to look for them.  We saw so many whales (everyone helps look for the spouts), a sea otter, eagles and watched a bear scoop up a salmon.  Wonderful excursion!

The boat has both inside and outside areas so you should be comfortable even if the weather is bad.  We spent most of our time outside because there was so much to see.

You can see the boat that we took:  https://www.baranoftours.com/water-taxi. It can hold 6.  This page has details of the boat:  https://www.baranoftours.com/marinewildlifetours

I felt very comfortable and it was great to move around.  Both of my daughters are prone to sea-sickness so they wore those bands and did fine.  You can go outside in both front and back.

Thanks, HRReader. I just got the last slot on the 12:15 tour for my day in Sitka. I was hoping for an earlier time, but then I realized this is going to work out well. We're in port with a humongous NCL ship, but they don't dock until 11:00 (we dock at 8). So downtown should be quiet in the morning. I can have a stroll, do a bit of shopping, and then take the whale tour. I just won't have a big food truck lunch right before I get on the boat...