NCL just cancelled my cruise

1 hour ago, CruiseMH said:

Every contract in the world should be possible to cancel. that is absolutely normal.

The only question is about compensation for the cancellation. But to seriously expect that a contract may not be cancelled at all is naive.

Never said a contract can’t be cancelled.

14 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

Very simple. Do a trial booking and you'll see the availability. It's not rocket science.

I'd been told many times that this is not a reliable means of assessing total availability. 

3 hours ago, PATRLR said:

I'd been told many times that this is not a reliable means of assessing total availability. 

It may not be 100% accurate, but if you see 20+ cabins available for each category, you know it's not close to full.

• Like 2

The Prima may not even get there at that time.  We are booked on what was to be her 3rd cruise (Southampton to New York).  There was notification that her first cruise is cancelled due to supply issues.  We have our fingers crossed that ours will go ahead but who knows?  Our cruise should be 23 Sept - suppose we will know more in a month or so.

On 5/6/2022 at 4:36 PM, KeithJenner said:

I book my own flights. For longer flights (i.e. over to the US) I book using points as they are then cancellable for a very small charge which would be covered by NCL. We usually aren't just doing a cruise in that situation so would likely use the flights anyway.

In Europe NCL's compensation covers the majority of any potential loss, so I am more comfortable booking cash flights in that situation.

We have had a number of cancelled or rearranged cruises (pre Covid) but they were all over a year out, so no flights booked. During covid flights were cancellable. I would have had a loss on the Prima in August, which I knew was a risk when booking. Luckily the airline were still allowing free cancellations, so we got that all returned as a credit.

The cancellations being discussed here are past the point where people start booking flights, which isn't usually the case (as my experience shows). It is very unfortunate for the people involved, especially as reorganising a trip on the Prima is not a cheap exercise at the moment.

UK bookings(even cruise only) are covered by the package regulations.

Cruise line cancels then they are liable for all incidental costs, unless they have mitigating circumstances like(but not limited to) covid, war.

A charter would fall into the should pay out type of cancellation.

T&C in the small print cannot override the regulations.

We were cancelled too.  Was very much looking forward to the new design of the Prima.  The most annoying thing for us is that this cancelled cruise was the second cruise of a "side to side" with the Carnival Mardi Gras, so choosing a different week for the Prima won't work for us.  We've decided to go ahead and cancel the Mardi Gras also (thus loosing our deposit!) and book the Bliss for the 1/27 Panama Canal sailing instead.  It's 15 days for slightly less money than the Prima cruise would have been and I guess the 10 percent FCC offered will cover the loss of the Carnival deposit.  But, darn, I did want the Prima:(

Our 10 per cent "booby prize" offered due to this cancellation is supposed to be available today to apply to another cruise.  So far I don't see anything anywhere on my account about it.  Maybe I do not know where to look (never accepted FCC before for covid cancellations).  Can we use the 10 percent as a deposit on a new cruise?  Can we use it as OBC? Thanks to anyone who knows.

40 minutes ago, Travelling2Some said:

Our 10 per cent "booby prize" offered due to this cancellation is supposed to be available today to apply to another cruise.  So far I don't see anything anywhere on my account about it.  Maybe I do not know where to look (never accepted FCC before for covid cancellations).  Can we use the 10 percent as a deposit on a new cruise?  Can we use it as OBC? Thanks to anyone who knows.

It doesn't show up in your account (there have been loads of "where's my voucher" posts recently).

NCL staff can see the voucher, and I assume that a travel agent can access it somehow.

It is 10% off the price of a cruise, so isn't a monetary amount or something that can be used as OBC. It makes the new cruise you book cost 10% less (approximately, as it doesn't come of some bits like taxes etc). I had a couple of them and my PCC just applied them to new cruises.

Edited by KeithJenner

1 minute ago, KeithJenner said:

It doesn't show up in your account (there have been loads of "where's my voucher" posts recently.

NCL staff can see the voucher, and I assume that a travel agent can access it somehow.

It is 10% off the price of a cruise, so isn't a monetary amount or something that can be used as OBC. It makes the new cruise you book cost 10% less (approximately, as it doesn't come of some bits like taxes etc). I had a couple of them and my PCC just applied them to new cruises.

Thanks very much for the clarification.