Kmom on Carnival Radiance Semi-Live May 30-June 3, 2022 - FOURTH time on Carnival since resumption of cruising

Just off the Radiance and returning in 6 days....for my wife and I really enjoyed the food, a bit spicy but that is the way we like it. The rock rev show was very entertaining, definitely recommend. The Karaoke was a hoot a dont miss. Our balcony cabin had no chair! so we used the balcony chair.

• Thanks 1

Our parasailing excursion is canceled. We went to the counter on the island at about 10:30 for 11:30 departure and they didn’t mention that already all but the earliest times had been canceled due to unsafe conditions. Husband is getting submarine tickets from a port vendor now instead. 

We occasionally catch a smell of the smoky substance that was formerly imbibed illegally across many of these United States.

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

If you should happen to see a blue cap with a marlin on the front and says Catalina Island would you please tell me the name of the shop you saw it. I thank you very kindly.

Catalina Cap.jpg

Sorry back on the ship and did very little window shopping 

Dinner tonight. I got the special Pesce Spada from the Cucina menu, which was okay but was basically a pasta and rich red sauce dish. The description mentioned swordfish but if so it was undetectable. I got the fried oysters so hubby could have an extra one with his prime rib which he said was very good.

I checked the app and the same two entrees from C del C are in the MDR all four nights. 

I bet nobody can guess what that dessert is!

FAC4B9AF-EBF1-4D50-B4EB-70778FE1315D.thumb.png.767376c2acdc99f02ccd88e97be43a03.png

698F60EC-1C1E-4351-BA43-9E30C369F32A.thumb.jpeg.777fd966abab2a0824f233e2bd185981.jpeg

F4EC3109-771D-427E-96AF-3E676CEA3699.thumb.jpeg.04fb06fe0a17612870c9d6cc143969eb.jpeg

Edited by KmomChicago
  • Like 9

Soooooo, I don’t really sweat the small stuff. However, there are a lotta little wonky errors on the Hub app schedule. Every day something has an am/pm obviously backwards. 

I don’t want to advise anyone incorrectly but I’m going out on a limb to assume there’s no point in showing up for this free wallet photo special at the advertised time.7C38B814-5597-4D80-8132-3811BBD6BEAB.thumb.png.4f04502f6b8e7d3d733a2ac4f5d3ed51.png

• Haha 11

On 5/7/2022 at 9:59 AM, kalmich said:

Following and looking forward to your review.  I'm booked on the Radiance in September.  I like the Destiny class!

Revisiting the early posts to the thread. I like it too! Triumph was just fine for us and the Sunshining completely renewed it. The only thing I really don’t like is the split dining rooms and being unable to get across the ship on some decks. 

On 5/7/2022 at 1:24 PM, nybumpkin said:

Looking forward to this! Victory was our first cruise in 2004 and we sailed her three times after that. We sailed Sunrise

in 2019 for a short 4-day Bermuda cruise and you could see some of the old Triumph designs like the globes on door handles. From what I've seen of Radiance it doesn't look like they kept much, but I'll be interested in your thoughts.

Spa Deck balconies aren't my favorite - I don't like their being open overhead - but hey, a balcony as you described is a deal!

The deck 10 balconies are fine and convenient to the central pool area.  I never sailed Victory but would have assumed everything is gone if I didn’t know the Seahorses on the glass sliding doors were holdovers. F62F960C-4BB2-494B-B2F7-D19F46BF9243.thumb.jpeg.711365e0df014f1ce2c0652c66808c85.jpeg

Even the wall panels are obviously new in public spaces. There is a mosaic on the glass elevator walls that I think could be original as it fits the seahorse motif. I’ll get a shot of that today for ya.

On 5/8/2022 at 6:39 AM, EllieinNJ said:

During the Birthday sale I was able to get a balcony on both the Panorama and Radiance for April, 2024 at half price.  I even got one of those L shaped balconies on the Radiance.  Looking forward to your review.

If you like the updated decor this will be a good choice.

On 5/8/2022 at 9:22 AM, Wanna_Cruize said:

You will get access to the Thermal Suite. While it doesn't have a Thalassotherapy pool, it does have a room with a wall of windows that holds about 10 heated tile loungers, which are very nice to relax in. There's also a aromatherapy steam room, a typical hot sauna, and another sauna, not quite as hot that has a wall of Himalayan salt blocks. Very nice.

Have been too busy but today is Ensenada and we won’t do more than step off so the kids can say “Mexico!”  DH and I have decided to drop our usual trivia protocol to use the thermal suites and finally go on the water slides - 6th Carnival cruise and we’ve never slid before.

On 5/8/2022 at 1:35 PM, JGB said:

I have been on the Radiance twice now and have 2 more paid for😀 One the 3 day just before your cruise. Needless to say I love this ship. 

It’s quite nice and loaded with amenities for a ship doing the shorty twice a week itineraries.

On 5/8/2022 at 1:57 PM, cruisin*tigger said:

I was on the very last sailing.  We actually just made it back before cruising was halted.  Really loved the seahorse decor.  Wanted to ask for one of the little seahorse tables from the atrium lol.  Want to cruise Radiance at some point, but don't like the current short itineraries.

Am hoping @KmomChicago will share pics.  😊

Color scheme throughout is various blues and turquoises with golds and beiges. Atrium is about as far from seahorsey as possible. I’ll get more pics today and tomorrow.

On 5/8/2022 at 2:09 PM, nybumpkin said:

I know a fair number of people who bruised their shins on the seahorses on the stairways, but I liked them.🙂 One of my complaints about the newer ships (without having been aboard Mardi Gras) is that they all have the same decor. Although I often said "What was Farcus thinking?" about some of his designs, at least they were unique.

Th blues and golds give enough color to avoid total beige blandness, but not by much. Your kids will not be wowed by any zany things like these stunning ladies on Legend:

8213AC6E-7D70-40FB-81ED-ABC10DD77220.thumb.jpeg.b9d430ed7b89a43d9b9c49f643168a37.jpeg

Edited by KmomChicago
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

but would have assumed everything is gone if I didn’t know the Seahorses on the glass sliding doors were holdovers.

Thanks for posting pics.   I think its a bit sad they are slowly removing the things that are unique to the ship designs.  I thought the seahorses were quirky and fun and then you have a brand new ship such as Mardi Gras and its Flamingo restaurant could be a cafeteria anywhere.  I'm guessing Celebration won't be much better, with just its Miami theme.  I mean its great - brand new ship and all, but I loved all the wacky themes and bright funky colors of the older ships.  Like Splendor - pink zebra donuts everywhere?  come on - fabulous lol

• Like 7

the Victory was a fun cruise as I remember...and so so green....I think we all had lido deck balcony cabins...and John Heald was the cruise director....we got hugs from him one night upon entering the dining room!!  A long time ago...I do love the older Carnival ships...kind of sorry to see the huge huge new ships coming along...

• Like 3