Smoking area on Summit

I agree smoke does not raft up to SRs underway, and there really is minimal chance of that much smoke being generated when tied up that it would be noticed 15-30ft above, even with a SR just above some smoking area. I’ve looked at the write ups on cabins near the smoking areas and I’ve not seen any issues reported, and no posts stating so except those that think there will be issues. The only issues were smoke coming from a balcony next to them and when they reported it, it Was followed up on.

Celebrity does not mess around with this. 

Smoking has become so uncommon that when I walked out of a local restaurant with outside dining for smokers, it was a real surprise to smell the stuff. And yup, non-smokers can be obnoxious with even someone smoking in a designated area, but I’ve also experienced a smoker making sure they tried to ‘share’ their smoke with those walking by. All silly and juvenile. 

Personally, I’d not worry about how close my cabin is to a smoke area. I’d check to make sure what was above and below that produced noise and so on. 

den

1 hour ago, Denny01 said:

I agree smoke does not raft up to SRs underway, and there really is minimal chance of that much smoke being generated when tied up that it would be noticed 15-30ft above, even with a SR just above some smoking area. I’ve looked at the write ups on cabins near the smoking areas and I’ve not seen any issues reported, and no posts stating so except those that think there will be issues. The only issues were smoke coming from a balcony next to them and when they reported it, it Was followed up on.

Celebrity does not mess around with this. 

Smoking has become so uncommon that when I walked out of a local restaurant with outside dining for smokers, it was a real surprise to smell the stuff. And yup, non-smokers can be obnoxious with even someone smoking in a designated area, but I’ve also experienced a smoker making sure they tried to ‘share’ their smoke with those walking by. All silly and juvenile. 

Personally, I’d not worry about how close my cabin is to a smoke area. I’d check to make sure what was above and below that produced noise and so on. 

den

I mostly get your point but I don’t think it’s juvenile to avoid breathing smoke.  At least on a cruise ship, my alcohol addiction has little affect on others.  They aren’t forced to drink with me.  Not so with tobacco if I pass by.

28 minutes ago, Minniebug said:

you compare cancer causing smoke to having a civilized glass of Mouton Rothschild? Right on.

I’m only allowed ONE glass?  Wow that’s really appealing.

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

I mostly get your point but I don’t think it’s juvenile to avoid breathing smoke.  At least on a cruise ship, my alcohol addiction has little affect on others.  They aren’t forced to drink with me.  Not so with tobacco if I pass by.

I didn’t mean juvenile breathing smoke but when smokers intentionally ‘share’ it or non-smokers give smokers issues even when following proper procedures. 

and you can force me to join you Anytime!

den