Smoking area on Summit

Portside pool and portside Sunset Bar - deck10 - on with our last Summit cruise. And if there are those on the Promenade deck that would indulge, it would be on the port side deck 5.  Nowhere near you and highly doubt you will be inundated with smoke. 

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Portside pool and portside Sunset Bar - deck10 - on with our last Summit cruise. And if there are those on the Promenade deck that would indulge, it would be on the port side deck 5.  Nowhere near you and highly doubt you will be inundated with smoke. 

Are you positive about the area near Sunset Bar on Summit?  There has not been any smoking allowed on M-Class ships aft near the Sunset Bar for a number of years.  There are aft cabins with balconies right below.  Smoking has been allowed near the Sunset Bar aft portside on S-Class ships.

10 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Are you positive about the area near Sunset Bar on Summit?  There has not been any smoking allowed on M-Class ships aft near the Sunset Bar for a number of years.  There are aft cabins with balconies right below.  Smoking has been allowed near the Sunset Bar aft portside on S-Class ships.

Our last Summit cruise was four years ago and I thought I recall smoking allowed there.  But, again, I could be wrong.  And maybe my memory was of Eclipse?  I will defer to your information and that reported by @bookitdanno.  OP, sorry I had this wrong.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, TeeRick said:

We were on Millennium in October 2021 and no smoking at the Sunset Bar but Smoking at the Mast Bar

13 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

On M-Class Ships

Deck 4 Promenade  - Port

Deck Outside OcenView -  Port

Deck 11 Mast Bar - Starboard

On our recent Millennium cruise all three were on the port side.

17 minutes ago, Minniebug said:

why is smoking even still permitted?

Perhaps because 16% of the U.S. population still smokes, and an additional 6% of the population vapes, for a total of 22%. 

Drats....Just got a move up to a deck 6 port side balcony and thought that the location was very good.

Since the subject came up.....This is our first Celebrity cruise.  How diligent are they at enforcing the no smoking on balcony rules.  We always seem to end up near (often next to) balcony smokers on other lines (several lines).  Only once have we seen security tell them to stop.  (We do not contact security about it in order to avoid conflicts on vacation)

Edited by davy jones
add additional question.

15 hours ago, Minniebug said:

14 hours ago, canderson said:

Perhaps because 16% of the U.S. population still smokes, and an additional 6% of the population vapes, for a total of 22%. 

There are also higher global numbers.  In some countries it is still quite common.

Edited by TeeRick

16 hours ago, Minniebug said:

We're glad that Celebrity doesn't allow smoking anywhere inside their ships. Nothing wrong with Celebrity accommodating smokers with limited outside smoking areas. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, davekathy said:

We're glad that Celebrity doesn't allow smoking anywhere inside their ships. Nothing wrong with Celebrity accommodating smokers with limited outside smoking areas. 

That's fine as long as I don't have to 1) smell cigarette or cigar smoke or 2) breathe cigarette or cigar smoke.  I make sure that my drinking addiction doesn't bother anyone else.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, zitsky said:

That's fine as long as I don't have to 1) smell cigarette or cigar smoke or 2) breathe cigarette or cigar smoke.  I make sure that my drinking addiction doesn't bother anyone else.

Stay in your bubble. 

I still don't want to inhale cancerous smoke second hand and cough bc of someone else's bad habit. It's plain nasty and rude at best. Remember the days people smoking on planes???😂

1 hour ago, Minniebug said:

I still don't want to inhale cancerous smoke second hand and cough bc of someone else's bad habit. It's plain nasty and rude at best. Remember the days people smoking on planes???😂

Agree. But thinking Celebrity will be smoke free...🤣 At least Celebrity doesn't allow any inside smoking which is great. So knowing that I (we) find the limited smoking areas are easy to avoid. 

7 hours ago, davy jones said:

Drats....Just got a move up to a deck 6 port side balcony and thought that the location was very good.

Since the subject came up.....This is our first Celebrity cruise.  How diligent are they at enforcing the no smoking on balcony rules.  We always seem to end up near (often next to) balcony smokers on other lines (several lines).  Only once have we seen security tell them to stop.  (We do not contact security about it in order to avoid conflicts on vacation)

Welcome to Celebrity.   Balcony smoking is a very rare problem on Celebrity.   Should you encounter it, call security and if they can verify the cabin location,  they should handle it without your involvement.   But I wouldn't worry about it on Celebrity in advance.